Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our 'spouse visa'............

Wikiposts

Our 'spouse visa'............

Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:31 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our 'spouse visa'............

Congratulations!!!! When you thinking of flying out?

Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:24 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Congratulations!!!! When you thinking of flying out?

Hopefully May 07, thanks again for your help with the Aussie passport info. How are you getting on???? C x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
Hopefully May 07, thanks again for your help with the Aussie passport info. How are you getting on???? C x
Hi Shiels,

Well done on the visa!

I am hoping to get my application in to London (I am in Ireland) before Christmas. I have filled in all the forms, completed my medical, gotten police clearance and am now writing the "essay" about our plans for the future, how we met etc. Can you give me a bit of advice on how much information you included in your application? How much financial information did you include etc. Did you also get friends and family to vouch for your realtionship? We have been married since May, but going out since 1992, and living together since 1997. Oh, and we have a beautiful baby boy!

Any help appreciated! PM me if you don't want to air too much public info!

Thanks,

D.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:08 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

If you dont mind me asking.... how long did it take from application to granting of the visa?

Cheers & congrats,
W.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:22 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daraghm
Hi Shiels,

Well done on the visa!

I am hoping to get my application in to London (I am in Ireland) before Christmas. I have filled in all the forms, completed my medical, gotten police clearance and am now writing the "essay" about our plans for the future, how we met etc. Can you give me a bit of advice on how much information you included in your application? How much financial information did you include etc. Did you also get friends and family to vouch for your realtionship? We have been married since May, but going out since 1992, and living together since 1997. Oh, and we have a beautiful baby boy!

Any help appreciated! PM me if you don't want to air too much public info!

Thanks,

D.
I will PM you. C x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:26 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
If you dont mind me asking.... how long did it take from application to granting of the visa?

Cheers & congrats,
W.
Of course i dont mind............
Application was recieved in London on Wednesday 22nd November 2006 and visa was granted yesterday Tuesday 5th December 2006.........................
We front loaded the medicals but sent the police check with the application.
Hope this helps, just ask if you want to know anything else. Good Luck.....C x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:29 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome for the help! I believe that when you have recieved help from people, then you can pass it on and be the 'helper' yourself. I got heaps of help on here....so now I am passing it on

ummm well things are ok here - mixed emotions! I know I have done the right thing in moving back, it is great to be part of a family again, but I also am missing my 'normal' lifestyle that I had in England. Of course, I haven't found a job yet and am rapidly running out of money too!

Still have got the bank account set up, medicare, signed on for unemployment, joined WW etc. So I am doing the regular things.

Had an agency interview yesterday for a job, so fingers crossed that I am in a job soon. Also the other half needs to find a job too.

We'll get there!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:47 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
You're welcome for the help! I believe that when you have recieved help from people, then you can pass it on and be the 'helper' yourself. I got heaps of help on here....so now I am passing it on

ummm well things are ok here - mixed emotions! I know I have done the right thing in moving back, it is great to be part of a family again, but I also am missing my 'normal' lifestyle that I had in England. Of course, I haven't found a job yet and am rapidly running out of money too!

Still have got the bank account set up, medicare, signed on for unemployment, joined WW etc. So I am doing the regular things.

Had an agency interview yesterday for a job, so fingers crossed that I am in a job soon. Also the other half needs to find a job too.

We'll get there!
Glad to hear you know you've done the right thing, heres hoping we are too!!
Are you entitled to unemployment because you are a citizen? Is you hubby entitled too or does he have to wait the 2 years?? Whats WW???
Dont suppose the weather is beautiful is it???? C x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

Are you entitled to unemployment because you are a citizen? Is you hubby entitled too or does he have to wait the 2 years?? Whats WW???
Hi Shiels!

Did you get my reply to your PM? I had a few other questions about sponsorship queries etc. that you might be able to help me on!

Thanks,

D.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Shiels!

Did you get my reply to your PM? I had a few other questions about sponsorship queries etc. that you might be able to help me on!

Thanks,

D.
Thanks Shiels!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:20 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Thanks Shiels!
Anytime...............C x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:47 am
Back in OZ!

Will PM you to answer