Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

our meds are done

our meds are done

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking our meds are done

We had our meds done yesterday at nottingham nuffield hospital and the most stressfull thing about it was getting there !
i didnt realise you could only get £200 out of a cash machine and we had to drive to the bank (which is in the next town) to get the rest of the money out and we got stuck in traffic ! this made us run late and the map that the hospital sent us missed off all the round abouts, then ceileigh felt travel sick and we had to pull over ! we got to the hospital dead on 1 o'clock talk about cutting it fine
The actual medical was nothing to worry about at all, we didnt even have to take our clothes off ! (exept our tops for the x-ray)
a bit of advice i would give though is if you have got kids take a bag with things in for them to play with all the rushing in the morning i forgot to take anything for them and although we were only there for 2 hours they soon got bored !
this is how much it cost
£60 x 2 xrays
£65 x 2 adult medicals
£40 x 2 kids medical
£20 hepititus B test
£20 x 2 Aids test
£10 postage to Adelaide
a grand total of £400:scared:
good luck to everyone still waiting for their medicals
lucy
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: our meds are done

Originally posted by wombat
We had our meds done yesterday at nottingham nuffield hospital and the most stressfull thing about it was getting there !
i didnt realise you could only get £200 out of a cash machine and we had to drive to the bank (which is in the next town) to get the rest of the money out and we got stuck in traffic ! this made us run late and the map that the hospital sent us missed off all the round abouts, then ceileigh felt travel sick and we had to pull over ! we got to the hospital dead on 1 o'clock talk about cutting it fine
The actual medical was nothing to worry about at all, we didnt even have to take our clothes off ! (exept our tops for the x-ray)
a bit of advice i would give though is if you have got kids take a bag with things in for them to play with all the rushing in the morning i forgot to take anything for them and although we were only there for 2 hours they soon got bored !
this is how much it cost
£60 x 2 xrays
£65 x 2 adult medicals
£40 x 2 kids medical
£20 hepititus B test
£20 x 2 Aids test
£10 postage to Adelaide
a grand total of £400:scared:
good luck to everyone still waiting for their medicals
lucy
It wasn't so bad was it?

Best wishes
G
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

How thorough were they........
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by S Oldfield
How thorough were they........
Not very ! the doctor asked a few questions, weighed and measured me, felt my tummy, listened to my lungs, took my blood pressure (surprised it wasnt sky high ), did a urine test, looked in my ears and eyes, had a eye test and then did the blood test, job done no breast examination or bending over in your just your undies it was easy
now its the hard part waiting for news !!
lucy
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:24 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good wombat.

I will be in Nottingham for my medical in May so hope it goes as well as yours seems to have.

You can start back on the beer now its over.

TT

Originally posted by wombat
Not very ! the doctor asked a few questions, weighed and measured me, felt my tummy, listened to my lungs, took my blood pressure (surprised it wasnt sky high ), did a urine test, looked in my ears and eyes, had a eye test and then did the blood test, job done no breast examination or bending over in your just your undies it was easy
now its the hard part waiting for news !!
lucy
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope mine is as straightforward as yours...got my medical booked for 19th Feb (thyroid funtion allowing). Nervous already!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wombat,

it's nice to get the meds out of the way isn't it?!

I have to say that i'm a bit gutted as we had our done at the nottingham nuffield too and we had to strip off, breast examination, the lot!!!

Anyway, well done.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Default medical forms

glad to hear your medicals went ok, funny how everyone gets up tight about the unknown. Can anyone tell me if they had a problem getting the medical forms from Immi, I sent them an email on the 14th Jan for my forms and I still haven't received them, I sent another e mail telling them and no one even bothers to reply.

Lisa
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:28 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical forms

Originally posted by floweroscotland
glad to hear your medicals went ok, funny how everyone gets up tight about the unknown. Can anyone tell me if they had a problem getting the medical forms from Immi, I sent them an email on the 14th Jan for my forms and I still haven't received them, I sent another e mail telling them and no one even bothers to reply.

Lisa
Unusual...I've requested them on two occasions and both times they came through in 2 or 3 days. Are you sending the email to the right place?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:30 am
She's a bird, you know

[email protected]

Is that the one you are using?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi Wombat,

it's nice to get the meds out of the way isn't it?!

I have to say that i'm a bit gutted as we had our done at the nottingham nuffield too and we had to strip off, breast examination, the lot!!!

Anyway, well done.
Funny that.
My medical was in Nottingham and it sounds very much like Wombats.

May have been a different Doctor.

G
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:33 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Grayling
Funny that.
My medical was in Nottingham and it sounds very much like Wombats.

May have been a different Doctor.

G
I've just had a panic....on a de facto application, the aussie sponsor doesn't need a medical, right??? Just the applicant and any dependents (we don't have any)?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

I requested Med forms 16 jan also not received anything will keep you posted

Sally
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by bundy
I've just had a panic....on a de facto application, the aussie sponsor doesn't need a medical, right??? Just the applicant and any dependents (we don't have any)?
Just the Applicant I assume.Your sponsor must already have the right to live in Australia.

Relax

G
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:37 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Grayling
Just the Applicant I assume.Your sponsor must already have the right to live in Australia.

Relax

G
Good. That's what I thought. I just didn't have enough to panic about today so that one popped in to my mind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.