Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our local news....

Our local news....

Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:06 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our local news....

Just listening to the radio and the local news which has just reported on a rape, a stabbing, a shoot out and a clamp down of people urinating in the street.....

Any ideas why I want to go to Oz?

By the way whats on the local news over there? Please tell me it won't be more of the same.....pleeeeeze don't burst my bubble!

J
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our local news....

Was just listening to the radio and the local news reported on a rape, a stabbing, a shoot out and a clamp down of people urinating in the street..........but the sun was shining.

Any ideas why I came to Oz?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:19 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Was just listening to the radio and the local news reported on a rape, a stabbing, a shoot out and a clamp down of people urinating in the street..........but the sun was shining.

This kinda stuff happens regardless of location, it's just the sorry way of the wrold these days.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:20 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

POP!!! cheers for that Bix
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:24 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
POP!!! cheers for that Bix
I wasn't taking the pee but it is a fact these things do happen the world over. It's the usual story of good and bad places so planting yourself in one of the "less risk" areas.

It's why I keep advocating people to rent for a while when they first arrive. Take some time to suss out the district.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:28 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Bix
I wasn't taking the pee but it is a fact these things do happen the world over. It's the usual story of good and bad places so planting yourself in one of the "less risk" areas.

It's why I keep advocating people to rent for a while when they first arrive. Take some time to suss out the district.
Yeah, I agree about the renting. Will hopefully be able to come out end of next year for validation 'holiday' to suss things out!

Just find it somewhat depressing and wish the news would report on something good for a change.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I was also listening to the local radio news...

A Cat stuck up a tree...

WI club celebrates centenary...

and a man was caught being drunk in charge of a bicycle.

I must point out I am currently on the Isle of Man... why am I moving again?!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Mmmmmmmm.....know what you mean.

Try what I do.......read no papers, watch no TV news. Word of mouth only.
The world brightens up overnight.

Trouble is you will be acused of..........
Attached Thumbnails Our local news....-head-sand.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:36 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Do you have to attend a course before leaving the IOM ?

"How to get Excited"
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:48 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Just listening to the radio and the local news which has just reported on a rape, a stabbing, a shoot out and a clamp down of people urinating in the street.....

Any ideas why I want to go to Oz?

By the way whats on the local news over there? Please tell me it won't be more of the same.....pleeeeeze don't burst my bubble!

J
The local news is just the same, but the world news is totally different! Iraq has gone, not sure where. Palestine is something the kids play with and can make shapes with Oh and gets stuck in the carpet, Katrina was very bad because an Aussie got lost and was presumed dead:- luckily they found him a week later safe and well in jail. Europe is a pop band and any similarity to a continent is purely fictional. England is full of cheats because we are actually winning at cricket, and the crime was apparently were not allowed to have a shower in the UK. Where was I…. Oh world news, what world? Nowhere exists farther than what you can see. Well sometimes it does but not for very long we soon get bored of all those other countries problems. Indonesia that’s a very bad place indeed, they won’t let you take drugs into the country without killing you first, how very un Australian that is, I mean come on you can’t possibly be guilty if you’re a half decent looking female. Eastern Europe, Serbs, Slovakians, Ukrainians.. What the f*** are those? Must be some characters from a science fiction novel. China? Very good indeed they buy all our raw materials for a pittance then turn them into screws and screwdrivers that only work once if your lucky then sell them back to us as a 1000% profit, whats this to do with news I hear you ask? Well China is always in the news as its another state of Australia, soon the flag is to be amended to add a new star on it, A red one at that! Russia? Where’s that?

And that just about raps up the world news. This is Arkon for BE news wishing you all a good night and a pleasant weekend.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:51 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by arkon
The local news is just the same, but the world news is totally different! Iraq has gone, not sure where. Palestine is something the kids play with and can make shapes with Oh and gets stuck in the carpet, Katrina was very bad because an Aussie got lost and was presumed dead:- luckily they found him a week later safe and well in jail. Europe is a pop band and any similarity to a continent is purely fictional. England is full of cheats because we are actually winning at cricket, and the crime was apparently were not allowed to have a shower in the UK. Where was I…. Oh world news, what world? Nowhere exists farther than what you can see. Well sometimes it does but not for very long we soon get bored of all those other countries problems. Indonesia that’s a very bad place indeed, they won’t let you take drugs into the country without killing you first, how very un Australian that is, I mean come on you can’t possibly be guilty if you’re a half decent looking female. Eastern Europe, Serbs, Slovakians, Ukrainians.. What the f*** are those? Must be some characters from a science fiction novel. China? Very good indeed they buy all our raw materials for a pittance then turn them into screws and screwdrivers that only work once if your lucky then sell them back to us as a 1000% profit, whats this to do with news I hear you ask? Well China is always in the news as its another state of Australia, soon the flag is to be amended to add a new star on it, A red one at that! Russia? Where’s that?

And that just about raps up the world news. This is Arkon for BE news wishing you all a good night and a pleasant weekend.

Thank you Arkon....now who wants to do the weather?????
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Thank you Arkon....now who wants to do the weather?????
Doesn't the sport come first ?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:06 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Bix
Doesn't the sport come first ?

ooops! forgot about the sport.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Our local news....

Originally Posted by arkon

From the front page of the ABC News Website:
  • Colin Powell slams Katrina effort
    Colin Powell, the former US secretary of state seen as a potential leader for Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts, has joined the chorus of Americans criticising the disaster response at all levels of government.

• Aid, prayers for hurricane victims

• Cheney tours hurricane devastation

• Strong quake hits off PNG
    An earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale has struck off the east coast of Papua New Guinea.

• World trade talks in jeopardy

• Service marks anniversary of embassy attack

• Fossils reveal prehistoric flying giants

• Scientists given go-ahead for 'dual mother' embryo

You were saying...?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ooops! forgot about the sport.
Apparently Arkon doesn't like sport so please don't get him started on that as well

And as to why there isn't good news on the radio or wherever - it doesn't sell. The bad stuff is the tiny minority of everything that happens every day - easier to talk about that than all the masses of good stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.