Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our house will be complete.........

Our house will be complete.........

Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

neilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud of
Default Re: Our house will be complete.........

Originally Posted by upthehammers
WELL DONE MATE. WE HOPE YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY IN YOUR KNEW PLACE.I HOPE YOUR NAMING IT UPTON PARK!!!!!!!!

well done mate at last eh!! wishing health wealth and happiness in your new place.

i would have thought anming it after west hams home ground "the bowling green" would be better than a station on the district line. anyway I think carrying on the theme it should be "bubbles palace" or "sir bobbys mansion" "greenwood house" or even "brookings gaff" (he once scored a very important goal with his head in a very important cup final - sh*t shouldnt have mentioned the cup final)

neil
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilvic
well done mate at last eh!! wishing health wealth and happiness in your new place.

i would have thought anming it after west hams home ground "the bowling green" would be better than a station on the district line. anyway I think carrying on the theme it should be "bubbles palace" or "sir bobbys mansion" "greenwood house" or even "brookings gaff" (he once scored a very important goal with his head in a very important cup final - sh*t shouldnt have mentioned the cup final)

neil
It's still raw
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

neilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
It's still raw
still trev did score his only headed goal to win the fa cup - think happy thoughts!!!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:38 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

still trev did score his only headed goal to win the fa cup - think happy thoughts!!!
Not sure if it was his only one, but rare all the same.

Did you get tickets for the cricket?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Not sure if it was his only one, but rare all the same.

Did you get tickets for the cricket?

no. wife is a nurse and as she told me she will probably be working over chrissy i thought it best not to waste my cash - sparse as it is.
if she's working mornings I may well try and get there for the last hour but thats the best i can do - f**king gutted. although the way we are currenlty feeling i may be watching it in the middle of the night on sky!!!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:58 am

no. wife is a nurse and as she told me she will probably be working over chrissy i thought it best not to waste my cash - sparse as it is.
if she's working mornings I may well try and get there for the last hour but thats the best i can do - f**king gutted. although the way we are currenlty feeling i may be watching it in the middle of the night on sky!!!
Sorry to hear that mate, hang in there I know how frustrating it is
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear that mate, hang in there I know how frustrating it is
cheers mate,
i dont want to hijack your celebratory thread with my woes. i've added an update on britvic click the link.

well chuffed for you the house looks great

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...pic=1445&st=15
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:34 pm

cheers mate,
i dont want to hijack your celebratory thread with my woes. i've added an update on britvic click the link.

well chuffed for you the house looks great

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...pic=1445&st=15

I know mate I've seen it, anyway hijack away I don't care.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

June 9th.

So no more rent

We'll stay here until the 15th while I get some work done round there.

It's a relief as I'll finally have somewhere to call home.

Just one problem, I'd better make sure I sort out a TV arial and Foxtel PDQ as it's world cup time
Congrats fraser and family - you've waited a long time for this day....Well done sweetie!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

I know mate I've seen it, anyway hijack away I don't care.
i just added/edited adding the bit below.

on the other hand I did take a career break just in case i couldnt find work and I could go back to my 35k (pounds) a year job. my son should start his final year of primary school in september if we do go back, i dont want him to have to repeat a year or be behind when he goes to secondary school cos of my mistakes or failures. our initial plan was to give it 2 years but it gets harder the longer you go without work and our meagre finances running out. we have our "escape" fund but unlike many we didnt make a huge amount on the sale of our house just enough to start us off here really. so the question is (repeated i know) but when will i be in the right place at the right time? will it ever be here? can i afford to wait?
only I can answer these questions.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:04 pm

i just added/edited adding the bit below.

on the other hand I did take a career break just in case i couldnt find work and I could go back to my 35k (pounds) a year job. my son should start his final year of primary school in september if we do go back, i dont want him to have to repeat a year or be behind when he goes to secondary school cos of my mistakes or failures. our initial plan was to give it 2 years but it gets harder the longer you go without work and our meagre finances running out. we have our "escape" fund but unlike many we didnt make a huge amount on the sale of our house just enough to start us off here really. so the question is (repeated i know) but when will i be in the right place at the right time? will it ever be here? can i afford to wait?
only I can answer these questions.
Mate it isn't your failure, just hang in there
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mate it isn't your failure, just hang in there
shit mate i didnt want to sound like a loser i have failed to get a job but on the other hand I've been there for my kids more in the last 16 months than any other time in their lives and I'm grateful for that. I can even do a ponytail on my daughters hair now without making her cry!!! and believe me it aint easy. plaits will be next!!!
its just a tough time for us at the mo, never in my adult life have i gone shopping and worried about what i'm putting in the basket, never have i worried about paying bills, gas elect etc and dont get me started about petrol!!
on the other hand i have no debt , no loans, no credit cards i owe no one
its about the balance more than anything i'm sure any bloke wouldn't be happy with their wife going out at 6 am for an hours drive down the monash after she got in at 11pm the previous evening after her afternoon shift. i am trying to change this but cant get a job that will allow her to work less hours the kids miss her especially my daughter. the other option is to return to the uk how long do we hang on in there? only we can answer this.
am i the original whinging pm or what
consider yourself completely hijacked
Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:02 pm

shit mate i didnt want to sound like a loser i have failed to get a job but on the other hand I've been there for my kids more in the last 16 months than any other time in their lives and I'm grateful for that. I can even do a ponytail on my daughters hair now without making her cry!!! and believe me it aint easy. plaits will be next!!!
its just a tough time for us at the mo, never in my adult life have i gone shopping and worried about what i'm putting in the basket, never have i worried about paying bills, gas elect etc and dont get me started about petrol!!
on the other hand i have no debt , no loans, no credit cards i owe no one
its about the balance more than anything i'm sure any bloke wouldn't be happy with their wife going out at 6 am for an hours drive down the monash after she got in at 11pm the previous evening after her afternoon shift. i am trying to change this but cant get a job that will allow her to work less hours the kids miss her especially my daughter. the other option is to return to the uk how long do we hang on in there? only we can answer this.
am i the original whinging pm or what
consider yourself completely hijacked
Ditto, with your situation, we are now mortgage free but like you have to watch our spending.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:03 pm

The latest edition to our new house.

Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

The latest edition to our new house.

thanks for the support as i said before nice house i particluarily like the latest additon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.