Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our House - Well Will Be!

Our House - Well Will Be!

Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:14 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our House - Well Will Be!

Originally Posted by The Crow
All is going through with the purchase of our house in The Basin - hopefully attached.

Everytime I drive up there I love it more (the area and the house). Visited the local pre-school and primary school today - fab - small class sizes and just a really nice feel to them.

Me a happy girl!

Also attached pic of the little monsters at last!
Looks wonderful!!!!

So do the kids.

xRachx
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replies! Best of luck to all of you who are yet to buy or yet to get here!
Rachel
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
What georgeous children!! Your house looks very nice. I would certainly do the spider spraying look how big and close the trees are :scared:
What will you do about snakes????
J x
I always thought I would avoid leafy suburbs :scared: Let alone be almost in the middle of a reserve!!! Not sure about snakes - not really bothered about them - but supposed I should be!

Cheers
R
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by furkew
I've been browsing realestate.com.au for a while, but I hadn't seen that one. I'll be very interested to hear what you guys think of the area & the schools.

looks very nice.

Paul.
Hi Paul

It was listed on realestate.com.au - perhaps it was cheaper than your search criteria!!
Rachel
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I always thought I would avoid leafy suburbs :scared: Let alone be almost in the middle of a reserve!!! Not sure about snakes - not really bothered about them - but supposed I should be!

Cheers
R
IM so jealous, i would love a house like that if it where not for my phobia.
It looks romantic and mysterious, lucky you.
The kids are beautiful too.
Denise
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:08 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

House looks lovely, very tranquil surroundings by the looks, you're very lucky

and you're girls are gorgeous !!!

fee
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:10 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
IM so jealous, i would love a house like that if it where not for my phobia.
It looks romantic and mysterious, lucky you.
The kids are beautiful too.
Denise

Cranni, are you phobic about snakes?

I live up in the mts and we hardly ever see any here! You'd be perfectly safe in a leafy suburb. They're very shy creatures and when you're walking you just don't creep about. They hear you coming and they run for cover. Simple innit!
Don't let a fear stop you living somewhere you love. You'll soon calm down about it all and it will be fine.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Cranni, are you phobic about snakes?

I live up in the mts and we hardly ever see any here! You'd be perfectly safe in a leafy suburb. They're very shy creatures and when you're walking you just don't creep about. They hear you coming and they run for cover. Simple innit!
Don't let a fear stop you living somewhere you love. You'll soon calm down about it all and it will be fine.
Yes really bad phobia, cant say the word, look at a picture, or tv, kids have never had toy ones, and i cant go to the zoo.
So we built suburbia,and im not really happy. Going to sell later in the year, and im seeing a hypnotist. iT really is ruining my life.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Yes really bad phobia, cant say the word, look at a picture, or tv, kids have never had toy ones, and i cant go to the zoo.
So we built suburbia,and im not really happy. Going to sell later in the year, and im seeing a hypnotist. iT really is ruining my life.

I'm really sorry to hear that Cranni. I was bit phobic about roaches and it was causing me bad enough problems like sleepless night for a good while and I was no where near your height of anxiety.
We're up here and we never see snakes at all. In fact, in all the years I've spent in Australia I only ever saw one snake and that was a baby brown going the other way ...fast! Come summer here, there are some but they're in the bush on rocks, not in the back garden... and if they do come in, you leave them alone and they leave you alone. They are so very shy though.

I really hope you get it sorted out with the hypnotherapy. I've seen great results from that... A friend of mine had it done for spiders and in the end, she could touch a tarantula. Amazing!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm really sorry to hear that Cranni. I was bit phobic about roaches and it was causing me bad enough problems like sleepless night for a good while and I was no where near your height of anxiety.
We're up here and we never see snakes at all. In fact, in all the years I've spent in Australia I only ever saw one snake and that was a baby brown going the other way ...fast! Come summer here, there are some but they're in the bush on rocks, not in the back garden... and if they do come in, you leave them alone and they leave you alone. They are so very shy though.

I really hope you get it sorted out with the hypnotherapy. I've seen great results from that... A friend of mine had it done for spiders and in the end, she could touch a tarantula. Amazing!
omg i dont want to touch one, just be able to cope if i see one.
I have got this great job in the local kids home, its out in the bush, and i am dreading summer coming, i dont want to give up the job because of these things.
But if i dont get cured i may have to give up my job.
DEnise
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:49 am
Account Closed

omg i dont want to touch one, just be able to cope if i see one.
I have got this great job in the local kids home, its out in the bush, and i am dreading summer coming, i dont want to give up the job because of these things.
But if i dont get cured i may have to give up my job.
DEnise
Well my friend wouldn't even be in the same room or a zoo or anything with one. If she saw something that even reminded her of a spider, she couldn't walk down the road it was on. There was a billboard with some woman on it wearing a black feather boa and it reminded her of a spider. So she'd go 4 miles out of her way to get into work every day in the car, just so she wouldn't' have to drive past it! 8 miles a day extra... you can imagine the time that took and the petrol money. It was ruining everyone's lives, not just her own. Sleepless nights if there had been one in the bath, hours and hours of vacuuming every day in all the nooks and crannies of the house... it was completely over the top.

She didn't want to be able to touch one either, but when asked, she said 'OK then, what the hell!' and she stroked it! Amazing.

Snakes actually feel quite firm and cool to the touch, a bit like a piece of cooled quarried stone in many respects, which is a bit weird but the closest I can get to describing it. They're also very smooth and dry, contrary to what people imagine.

It sounds to me like you're well on the road to recovery given that you're getting some help with it. I am positive you will absolutely be able to manage it. Not everyone's given that technique of coping with such things at birth, but it's eminently possible to learn it and I am sure you will.
Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Well my friend wouldn't even be in the same room or a zoo or anything with one. If she saw something that even reminded her of a spider, she couldn't walk down the road it was on. There was a billboard with some woman on it wearing a black feather boa and it reminded her of a spider. So she'd go 4 miles out of her way to get into work every day in the car, just so she wouldn't' have to drive past it! 8 miles a day extra... you can imagine the time that took and the petrol money. It was ruining everyone's lives, not just her own. Sleepless nights if there had been one in the bath, hours and hours of vacuuming every day in all the nooks and crannies of the house... it was completely over the top.

She didn't want to be able to touch one either, but when asked, she said 'OK then, what the hell!' and she stroked it! Amazing.

Snakes actually feel quite firm and cool to the touch, a bit like a piece of cooled quarried stone in many respects, which is a bit weird but the closest I can get to describing it. They're also very smooth and dry, contrary to what people imagine.

It sounds to me like you're well on the road to recovery given that you're getting some help with it. I am positive you will absolutely be able to manage it. Not everyone's given that technique of coping with such things at birth, but it's eminently possible to learn it and I am sure you will.
Let us know how you get on.
Good for your friend, she must feel great. Hope i feel the same one day.
I want to do so much with my kids ie. camping, and really see Australia, but this is setting me back, dont worry i will let you know how i get on.
Thanks for your help,better not take over the thread, still envy CROW and her beautiful house.
Denise
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Thanks for your help,better not take over the thread, still envy CROW and her beautiful house.
Denise

It's a lovely house in a lovely setting. Just off to look at some land myself.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Good for your friend, she must feel great. Hope i feel the same one day.
I want to do so much with my kids ie. camping, and really see Australia, but this is setting me back, dont worry i will let you know how i get on.
Denise
Don't worry! Hope you managed to sort out your phobia. I'm not a great one for spiders and was determined to be away from leafy suburbs - but because we love the area and house so much I will have to learn to live with the devils (but the house and garage etc will be sprayed regularly!). It's just the big Huntsman spiders - I know they are not dangerous - but they get SO big. Imagine waking up with one sharing your bed... :scared:
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

Congrats on the house, it looks great & your girls look adorable. i hope you'll all be very happy there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.