Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

our furniture has arrived

our furniture has arrived

Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default our furniture has arrived

all has arrived safe and well (including des's motorbike) we used pss and the service was brill from start to finish, they are still ringing us up to ask if everything is ok

all intact apart from one glass picture frame and thats not bad considering we didnt insure anything!!!!

start work on monday so early mornings are looming

arlene
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:17 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: our furniture has arrived

Originally posted by arlene
all has arrived safe and well (including des's motorbike) we used pss and the service was brill from start to finish, they are still ringing us up to ask if everything is ok

all intact apart from one glass picture frame and thats not bad considering we didnt insure anything!!!!

start work on monday so early mornings are looming

arlene
You didnt insure anything? Isnt that kinda dumb?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:22 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi arlene so glad your stuff has arrived safely it is such a good feeling isnt it seeing it all again. We didnt insure our stuff either we reconned we were risk takers anyways so what the hell lol our stuff arrived intact aswell
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:25 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by sky
Hi arlene so glad your stuff has arrived safely it is such a good feeling isnt it seeing it all again. We didnt insure our stuff either we reconned we were risk takers anyways so what the hell lol our stuff arrived intact aswell
I think you are both mad!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:29 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Did I ask for your opinion !
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:31 am
Now 15% less offensive

Originally posted by sky
Did I ask for your opinion !
No, but you've got it now havent you
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:37 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by NedKelly63

No point insuring our stuff as if you packed it yourself it wasn't covered for breakages so pointless really.

And only a few bits of my crockery was broken not loosing sleep over it.

Guess it depends on the value. Mine was all sentimental stuff with little value except the clothes and you can't put a price on sentiments so again whats the point!!

My photos would not have been able to be replaced if they had been damaged.

Jo
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:38 am
sky
Banned

Just looked at your past posts .... you are a waste of time ....
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:40 am
Now 15% less offensive

Originally posted by sky
Just looked at your past posts .... you are a waste of time ....
I havent bothered checking your past posts
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:42 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I havent bothered checking your past posts

Think I will put an ignore on your posts you are getting on my nerves

and like sky said a waste of time!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:53 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Arlene,

That's great news to hear PSS did well as we're also using them. We are risk takers, but not quite as brave as you and Sky! We've decided to take complete loss insurance, ie. if the ship sinks, which is pretty unlikely but hey, you never know...

You certainly don't waste any time with getting a new job eh? Did you organize that before you left for Oz?

Hope everything else is going well, do keep us posted.
Sunchaser
6 weeks, 5 days to go......
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Great news about your shipping mate, and best of luck Monday Morning!
love and hugs
Rach x
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by arlene
considering we didnt insure anything!!!!

arlene
We didn't insure our stuff either, but like Joh117 we packed everything ourselves (well him outdoors did anyway as I was already in Oz).

I didn't actually know that it hadn't been insured until it arrived at the house. It was only then that Him Outdoors told me that he hadn't insured it :scared:

We were very fortunate that nothing got broken at all (used Pickfords).

Regards
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:54 am
Now 15% less offensive

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hi Arlene,

That's great news to hear PSS did well as we're also using them. We are risk takers, but not quite as brave as you and Sky! We've decided to take complete loss insurance, ie. if the ship sinks, which is pretty unlikely but hey, you never know...

You certainly don't waste any time with getting a new job eh? Did you organize that before you left for Oz?

Hope everything else is going well, do keep us posted.
Sunchaser
6 weeks, 5 days to go......
Oops, thats what I meant to say before. I think you are both brave. Not mad at all. Sorry girls
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We too used PSS and found them to be excellent from start to finish.
We insured but a very menial amount.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.