Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our first redback..

Our first redback..

Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our first redback..

Well 3 weeks after we arrived we have now had our first encounter with roger redback:scared: . having originally thought that we would be fighting our way through the little blighters I had been a bit surprised not to have seen one - until today. I'm glad that I now know how big they are as I had been looking at each spider scuttling through the house with a wary eye looking closely at the colour of its back.
We got the girls to come and have a look and told them they hadn't to touch anything that looked remotely like this and if they saw one to come and tell us . Lucy was more interested in the fact we were going to the beach instead of this first encounter with a nasty. I was impressed by it even if they weren't.

Claire
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:16 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our first redback..

Originally posted by claireg3
Well 3 weeks after we arrived we have now had our first encounter with roger redback:scared: . having originally thought that we would be fighting our way through the little blighters I had been a bit surprised not to have seen one - until today. I'm glad that I now know how big they are as I had been looking at each spider scuttling through the house with a wary eye looking closely at the colour of its back.
We got the girls to come and have a look and told them they hadn't to touch anything that looked remotely like this and if they saw one to come and tell us . Lucy was more interested in the fact we were going to the beach instead of this first encounter with a nasty. I was impressed by it even if they weren't.

Claire

heres another
Attached Thumbnails Our first redback..-redbackspider.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:19 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
heres another
glad that one is not to scale though!!!!!!

Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by WBB
glad that one is not to scale though!!!!!!

No ours was much bigger than that one
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:28 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

No ours was much bigger than that one

BEWARE of the creepy slick black haired version called the ANDRE spider, shit this things all over you, and if you have a bikini on the little bassard likes to creep up from behind and remove your top...

However this little creep-y crawl-y doesnt bite, its just sings and makes sideways movements in the sand
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

now you've lost me
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:40 pm
Banned

now you've lost me

try this LINK

http://celebrity.granadainteractive...._clip3_low.wmv
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eek

I just hope we don't see any!

My youngest would run a mile!
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:24 pm
Banned

Default Re: eek

Originally posted by karen p
I just hope we don't see any!

My youngest would run a mile!

If you anticipate moving to Brisbane , which is a sub tropical climate be prepeared for MORE BESIDES !!

The creepycrawlies, reptiles and marsupials you see on TV arent stage extras !

SPIDER BITE after 10 days untreated
Attached Thumbnails Our first redback..-day10_1_rebbackbite.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

SuziTattoo is an unknown quantity at this point

OH MY GOD - that's so gross!!! Has just put me off my Sunday roast!!! :scared:
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:36 pm
Banned

Originally posted by SuziTattoo
OH MY GOD - that's so gross!!! Has just put me off my Sunday roast!!! :scared:

ITS minging isnt it, i thought long and hard before posting it, and will readily withdraw it or let PT remove it if he sees fit !
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:46 pm
WBB

ITS minging isnt it, i thought long and hard before posting it, and will readily withdraw it or let PT remove it if he sees fit !
why would he remove it?

Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:55 pm
Banned

Originally posted by WBB
why would he remove it?

because the FELLA deffo hasnt looked after his fingernails, its SHOCKING !!!
Old Feb 1st 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

heres another

OMG...:scared: :scared:.......is this picture enlarged??
Old Feb 1st 2004, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

because the FELLA deffo hasnt looked after his fingernails, its SHOCKING !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.