Our first 5 weeks in Oz....

Our first 5 weeks in Oz....

Old Oct 16th 2005, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our first 5 weeks in Oz....

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Hels

For some reason I thought it was next week she went to the UK. I was only chattin to her on the MSN couple of days ago.

Yeah we did enjoy all the shopping, great to actually be in the shops that you did a virtual shop in half way around the world. We are nearly there now though just need something to put in the big green room as we call it (rumpus) Its about as big as the lounge we had back in the UK so we need some furniture in there too. We have ordered a nice sofa/bed that'll be here in a couple of weeks.

Our stuff gets to Brissie port on the 11/11 just completin all the forms today for it from Customs.

Ang

I spent HOURS shopping online before we got here and even since we got here...but in the end I got alot of it custom made....should get my dining suite this week!! Am just SOOOOOOO excited. Will be nice not to have to eat off a camping table

Our lounge suite will arrive later this week also so it will be VERY exciting around my place around Thursday...hehe

But I have the furniture now and I cant wait to go out and buy all the decorator stuff...like the lamps etc...

Shopping is sooooooooo much fun when you can actually buy stuff!! hehe

Enjoy fitting out your rumpus room!!

Hels
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Hey matie how ya diddlin????

Yeah we are from Stoke on Trent but somepeople think I am from Liverpool (strange really seeing as we are in the middle of Birmingham and Manchester

You found a house to rent yet...

Say hi to Cas for us won't you

Ang
Sounds like you're having a great time!

But how are you coping without oatcakes, the Sentinel and the roadworks on the A500 (D Road)?

Cheers

BD
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:54 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Sounds like you're having a great time!

But how are you coping without oatcakes, the Sentinel and the roadworks on the A500 (D Road)?

Cheers

BD
Hi BD how you doing?

Well to be honest we didn't have the sentinel anyway didn't ahve time to read the papers.....
Oatcakes yeah when we have bacon and eggs on the barbie they would go down a treat, you wouldn't be an angel and send us some over would ou???? oh well maybe not...
Now let me think about the roadworks on the D road, have they not finished that road yet??? said to Rich before we left we won't recognise the A500 when its finished (if it ever gets finished that is)

So whats new in the neck of the Stokie woods then, is there anything that we really should be missing???? Think hard won't you. Heehee

Ang
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:26 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi BD how you doing?

Well to be honest we didn't have the sentinel anyway didn't ahve time to read the papers.....
Oatcakes yeah when we have bacon and eggs on the barbie they would go down a treat, you wouldn't be an angel and send us some over would ou???? oh well maybe not...
Now let me think about the roadworks on the D road, have they not finished that road yet??? said to Rich before we left we won't recognise the A500 when its finished (if it ever gets finished that is)

So whats new in the neck of the Stokie woods then, is there anything that we really should be missing???? Think hard won't you. Heehee

Ang
yeah they have started dismantlin the school ov nursing in front ov mums....

boomie
x
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:27 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
yeah they have started dismantlin the school ov nursing in front ov mums....

boomie
x
well we know about that as Rich is a nurse and they are making way for the new buildings cos they now have a new Med school on the A34. But you weren't there when they were building it.

Anything else??

Ang
Old Oct 17th 2005, 12:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

mmm how jammy can you get fraser..

Good luck on the move on Friday. We have been in here almost 3 weeks now and love it. It does feel strange tho cos its not your own. Never rented before.

have you heard anything from the in laws since things were'nt too good before you left. Is Rachel ok and the kids too how are they?
Rachel and the kids are good thanks, and yes the outlaws are coming to visit in March
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:39 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

well we know about that as Rich is a nurse and they are making way for the new buildings cos they now have a new Med school on the A34. But you weren't there when they were building it.

Anything else??

Ang
i was aware that you knew that the proposals for its demolistion was inplace..... im just saying that the work has now started..... and thought given the nature ov rich's job he would at least be interested.....

we saw the new buildings progressing on the A34 prior to leaving.... looking pretty good.....

boomie
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:41 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by Boomie
he would at least be interested.....

we saw the new buildings progressing on the A34 prior to leaving.... looking pretty good.....

boomie
No, no interest whatsoever on Rich's part its bricks & mortar.

but thanks for the info

Ang
p.s. Andy, Rich got the email but hasn't replied cos had to go to work... on a late shift
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:02 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Well we have been here for 5 weeks now and it has gone so quick.
When we arrived it was dark but the views of Brisbane and the lights are amazing. Marysidey and family picked us up as we were staying with them for the 1st couple of weeks.
When we got up on the Saturday morning to see the sun beaming down on us it was beautiful. The birds were singing oh it was ace.

Anyway we have got ourselves sorted with a car (Holden Jackaroo), we now have a rental house in Cleveland thats really nice. Aimee started Cleveland state school the same day that we moved in too and loves it. The other kids in her class think she has a cool accent

We sorted our TFN's online and got them back within the week. I registered with CentreLink just waiting to hear what I may get now in terms of child benefit (or whatever its called over here).

We have nearly bought all the furniture that we sold back in the UK. We bought some really nice chocolate leather sofas in SuperAmart. We got a massive TV with theatre home system. A big fridge/freezer, a table and chairs for indoors and out. We got a Big BBQ that is already been used often. But we have a BBQ party on the 19th November as its Aimee's 10th birthday but it is also Vikk's too. Quite a few peeps off here are comin., scissors(Tracey) & family, marysidey & family, wombat (Lucy) & family, Vikk, Dave, Tracey and Emily our friends from Adelaide and more should be good.

Rich started work last week at Greenslopes Hospital. He says that the people are really nice but the job itself isn't. He isn't allowed to do stuff without being 'signed off' first. Things like takin blood and taking candulars out are a doddle to him. He also doesn't like how they do some things (laying someone out in Aus is so different and cold) no feeling to it and no dignity for the patient or family. But he goes daily cos it pays the bills and the rent. But I am sure he will be looking to take a position in ICU or maybe a different hospital.

We love it here.... in the first week we went to a wildlife park with Tracey (scissors), Gary and Kerry that was ace. The kangaroos are soooo cool.
We have been to surfers paradise couple of times. We've been to Glass House Mountains and Mooloolaba beach. We went to the zoo too where we saw some really active koalas. The girls love it too. Aimee's life has changed so much she has so many friends. She comes in from school and gets changed and she is out playing in the street with the other kids in the cul-de-sac.
Georgia has improved so much too, for a nearly 2 year old we go swimmin and the parks regularly. We eat outside every night and don't have the TV on much unless we are watchin a movie after 9pm when the kids are in bed.

Anyway I will try to keep you updated with our lives here, But can't believe that we are here still. Cleveland is a wonderful suburb to live and be in.
See you all soon

Ang, Rich. Aimee and Georgia
Hi Ang I've only just seen this thread, after I'd pm'd you asking how your getting on

I see your getting on fine (apart from the job, hope Rich finds something better soon)

Anyhoo great to see your enjoying it.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:53 pm

No, no interest whatsoever on Rich's part its bricks & mortar.

but thanks for the info

Ang
p.s. Andy, Rich got the email but hasn't replied cos had to go to work... on a late shift
Don't worry angie

I wasent holding my breath, too much time has already gone without word!

Andy