Ouch

Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:18 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Ouch

Afternoon all.

Not been around much this morning (apart from a small frenzy of activity in The Lounge) cos I'm injured.

Got knocked of my flippin bicycle on Saturday by a flippin BMW the driver of which simply roared off leaving me lying in the road. And before you ask, no, I didn't get the numberplate because it was behind me before the accident and I had a faceful of road after it. And no, the police didn't care when I reported it.

Got a chipped rib just off my sternum, a purple knee the size of a football, left the tip of a finger somewhere on the road, got a scabby hole in my hand, a multitude of bruises and cuts and - worst of all - a black and bloody chin . Luckily, was wearing a helmet (I'm a good girl) and having been blessed with a squishy nose managed to preserve my head, nose and, miraculously, my teeth. My shoe was later found halfway across the road and rescued by a passer-by. My bike's a bit bent too.

Was assisted by a kindly family from Edinburgh who produced wipes and tissues and plasters. Turns out they just got back from Oz, so I stopped ranting about BMW drivers and started talking about Oz before bursting into tears and sitting on the pavement bleeding everywhere.

Anyway, I've lived to tell the tale but you can all give me sympathy and karma if you like because I'm still feeling a bit sorry for myself (and very, very sore!)
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ouch

Originally Posted by bundy
Afternoon all.

Not been around much this morning (apart from a small frenzy of activity in The Lounge) cos I'm injured.

Got knocked of my flippin bicycle on Saturday by a flippin BMW the driver of which simply roared off leaving me lying in the road. And before you ask, no, I didn't get the numberplate because it was behind me before the accident and I had a faceful of road after it. And no, the police didn't care when I reported it.

Got a chipped rib just off my sternum, a purple knee the size of a football, left the tip of a finger somewhere on the road, got a scabby hole in my hand, a multitude of bruises and cuts and - worst of all - a black and bloody chin . Luckily, was wearing a helmet (I'm a good girl) and having been blessed with a squishy nose managed to preserve my head, nose and, miraculously, my teeth. My shoe was later found halfway across the road and rescued by a passer-by. My bike's a bit bent too.

Was assisted by a kindly family from Edinburgh who produced wipes and tissues and plasters. Turns out they just got back from Oz, so I stopped ranting about BMW drivers and started talking about Oz before bursting into tears and sitting on the pavement bleeding everywhere.

Anyway, I've lived to tell the tale but you can all give me sympathy and karma if you like because I'm still feeling a bit sorry for myself (and very, very sore!)
you poor thing, b****y bmw drivers!!!! lots of karma and sympathy coming your way
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swifts
you poor thing, b****y bmw drivers!!!! lots of karma and sympathy coming your way

Exactly. Which formed the basis of my initial expletive-ridden rant before the shock kicked in.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:28 pm
Badge

bundy don't worry you can still be the pinup girl.

BM

(still a bundy fan)

Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by badgersmount
bundy don't worry you can still be the pinup girl.

BM

(still a bundy fan)

Awwww, thanks Badge! Not much of a pin up at the moment - not with my chin. I also cut the underside of my nose which I think is probably an achievement.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Bundy,

Hope you feel better soon.

BTW, even though the driver didn't stop, you can make a claim for your injuries to the Motor Insurers Bureau under their Untraced Drivers Agreement. Make sure you have a written receipt from the police showing the crime number as the MIB will want to see this. Don't know how much your bike is worth but there is an excess for property damage of £300.

Might be worth considering.....

Nicola
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:37 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Ahhhh Bundy,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Bloody BMW drivers! Sending you lots of sympathy and karma. I don't envy you getting into the bath with all those sore bits! Ouch!!

Colleen
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:40 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Bundy,

Hope you feel better soon.

BTW, even though the driver didn't stop, you can make a claim for your injuries to the Motor Insurers Bureau under their Untraced Drivers Agreement. Make sure you have a written receipt from the police showing the crime number as the MIB will want to see this. Don't know how much your bike is worth but there is an excess for property damage of £300.

Might be worth considering.....

Nicola

Oooo, never knew that. My bike is worth very little (this is Cambridge, expensive bikes get nicked before you even get them home), but it will need a new front wheel and some other tinkering which will cost a bit of money. Not to mention the top and trousers I ruined by bleeding over them and scraping holes in the fabric!

Wonder if I can still report it to the police....I tried on my way home, but they said something along the lines of there being a million silver Z3s in Cambridge and stop wasting their time as I wasn't dead
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:41 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by sunchaser
Ahhhh Bundy,

So sorry to hear about your accident. Bloody BMW drivers! Sending you lots of sympathy and karma. I don't envy you getting into the bath with all those sore bits! Ouch!!

Colleen
Can't actually get into the bath (knee) so reduced to showers. And yes, it hurts. As does wearing clothes. But as I had to come to work, nudity wasn't an option :scared:
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:47 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as i'm off to Oz soon I thought I would try to sell my car.

Its a BMW with slight acident damage after the weekend!!!!!

Sorry Bundy couldn't resist.

Hope your feeling better real soon.

And I will send some Karma your way.

Keep your blood soaked and scratched chin up!!!!

TT

Afternoon all.

Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Seeing as i'm off to Oz soon I thought I would try to sell my car.

Its a BMW with slight acident damage after the weekend!!!!!

Sorry Bundy couldn't resist.

Hope your feeling better real soon.

And I will send some Karma your way.

Keep your blood soaked and scratched chin up!!!!

TT

LOL! Thanks TT. When are you off by the way?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo, never knew that. My bike is worth very little (this is Cambridge, expensive bikes get nicked before you even get them home), but it will need a new front wheel and some other tinkering which will cost a bit of money. Not to mention the top and trousers I ruined by bleeding over them and scraping holes in the fabric!

Wonder if I can still report it to the police....I tried on my way home, but they said something along the lines of there being a million silver Z3s in Cambridge and stop wasting their time as I wasn't dead
Lots of hugs and sympathy Bundy, you poor lickle thing. Hope Mr B makes a big fuss of you to make up for it.
Tell the police that you want a crime numberfor insurance, so they HAVE to record it - even though you don't expect them to go out and look for the car -threaten a sit-in or something, that should get results!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:54 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked our flights at the weekend.

Off on the 27/11 and will be in Brissie for 05/12.

Having 3 nights in San Fran and 3 nights in Vegas.

Cant wait.

TT

LOL! Thanks TT. When are you off by the way?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to make a claim then it's got to be reported to the police otherwise the MIB won't deal with it. If you just want to claim for injuries it's got to be reported in 14 days. If you want to claim for the bike as well it's 5 days. Just tell the police it's for the purposes of making an MIB claim.

http://www.mib.org.uk/GFUntracedbefo...d=2&subid=2UNT

Hope this works.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

ATB Bundster, hope you feel better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.