Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OT: anyone a good cook out there ?

Wikiposts

OT: anyone a good cook out there ?

Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default OT: anyone a good cook out there ?

I am planning on making a nice beef curry for when my parents come at the weekend. I love cooking but haven't cooked a curry for years, i have Tumeric, bay leaves, Cumin etc, but just wondered if anyone had any good recipes I could follow, I have tried bbc.co.uk/food but not keen on there interpretation of Curry.

Thanks guys
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:14 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: OT: anyone a good cook out there ?

Originally posted by Carrianne
I am planning on making a nice beef curry for when my parents come at the weekend. I love cooking but haven't cooked a curry for years, i have Tumeric, bay leaves, Cumin etc, but just wondered if anyone had any good recipes I could follow, I have tried bbc.co.uk/food but not keen on there interpretation of Curry.

Thanks guys
Curry is really easy.

Fry the meat and 1 or 2 onions (dep on amount meat)
Add 1 or 2 cans chopped tomatos (dep on amount meat....)
Cook for a bit.
Add...

1/2tsp crushed cumin seed
1/2tsp crushed coriander seed
1tsp tumeric
2tsp garam masala
2tsp finely chopped coriander leaf
1-2tsp chilli powder
10-12 cardomon pods (cracked)

OR

3tbs of curry powder

Cook for a while.

Add yogurt to taste.

Loveleeeee

This is a balti style, with the tomato base, but its the easiest to cook. You really can't go wrong!!

Pete.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

So the sauce doesn't come from stock ?? Ahh.

I was expecting to put in beef stock and yogurt mm could I substitute that for Cream ??

Would I serve with poppodoms and mango Chutney ? and Nan bread.

Sorry I am a Indian cookery novice I have only just recently at the good old age of 30 and half tried an Indian Meal !!

:scared:
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:23 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Carrianne
So the sauce doesn't come from stock ?? Ahh.

I was expecting to put in beef stock and yogurt mm could I substitute that for Cream ??

Would I serve with poppodoms and mango Chutney ? and Nan bread.

Sorry I am a Indian cookery novice I have only just recently at the good old age of 30 and half tried an Indian Meal !!

:scared:
Sure you could use cream instead of yogurt. Probably could use less too.

Serve with anything, nan bread is good. If you have a sweet tooth Sainsbury does really nice Peshwari nans, they are mango and rasin i think. Very tasty !!

You should note i am no curry pro though THe above tastes fine to me but that might not be much to go on!!!

Mango chutney!! You have got me salivating!!!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:25 am
A Male Member

You might like this !!

http://www.curryfrenzy.com/curry/home.asp
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:28 am
A Male Member

If you want an easy (and mild) beef one, and you want to follow a recipe instead of my "curry ala Pete", the one i would go for is :

http://www.curryfrenzy.com/curry/rec...%5Fkorma%2Exml

Beef Korma.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:29 am
WBB

i often make a curry and use the internet for recipies
curry house

hope this helps

p.s. if there is any left send me a doggy bag

Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

thank you very much xxx