Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice on being sponsered

advice on being sponsered

Old Oct 21st 2003, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

bagpuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Question advice on being sponsered

please can someone help me I am unsure of where to look for the info i need. my sister has recently moved to new zealand from the uk and it sounds so wonderful i am very interested in going too. I am divorcing my husband and would like to make a fresh start with my two children. Would i stand a chance of getting a visa? Would she be able to sponser me and how long does she have to be there before she can?
Old Oct 21st 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

I believe she can sponsor a family member. Check out the NZ-immigration on the web. It gives you all the necessaries...

From my understanding your sister would have to be resident or maybe even a citizen? That may take some time if she is on a work visa.

If you don't have that option, realistically it's unlikely to be an option unless you can secure a job paying over 40KNZD per anum and have a job to step into, degree and lots of experience in your area of 'expertise'.

NZ is a great place. We moved to Banks Peninsula going on 7 mnths ago and love it...