orthodontists

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default orthodontists

My dentist has just recommended my daughter(10) be referred to an orthodontist for braces. Is this free in Oz for under 16's as it is over here?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: orthodontists

Originally Posted by mooncat
My dentist has just recommended my daughter(10) be referred to an orthodontist for braces. Is this free in Oz for under 16's as it is over here?
Unfortunately it is not free here in OZ. My eldest 2 daughters age 11 and 13 had their braces put on on Thursday and the cost was $5500 per child!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

We are paying $4800 in Brisbane!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

OH MY GOD!!!!
Thanks to you both for your replies. Forgot to subscribe to my own thread so only just remembered about it. Is this not something which is even covered by private health insurance?!!

Am now contemplating how to tell my daughter that Bugs is actually a really cute name
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD!!!!
Thanks to you both for your replies. Forgot to subscribe to my own thread so only just remembered about it. Is this not something which is even covered by private health insurance?!!

Am now contemplating how to tell my daughter that Bugs is actually a really cute name
Don't be so cruel................ make sure she studies to become an orthodontist once she leaves school; or maybe a lawyer........... or even a vet! Just recently paid $400+ to get one of our dog's teeth fixed up.

Our 3 boys all went to a brilliant orthodontist in Wanneroo........ did a magic job but there wasn't any change out of 12 grand for all 3.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by hoots nan
We are paying $4800 in Brisbane!

Hi

Where are you moving to in Oz?

My daughter had braces on yesterday at Peter Grants, a very good orthodontist in Beenleigh, half way between Surfers, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Hes probably the cheapest in OZ at $2,850 and shes got lots of crooked teeth!!!
Theres a long waiting list, we waited 10 months for the appointment and I believe the wait is now nearly 2 years, so would be worth booking before you come if you're heading this way
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

tayley is an unknown quantity at this point

Same boat as you mooncat, 10 year old daughter was reffered to orthodontist last week for braces, will take a couple of months to get seen and have the x-ray, not sure how much longer it will then take till the brace is fitted.

My question is this, has anyone had the braces put on in UK and then carried on with the maintainance work in OZ, or will OZ orthodontists only work on braces that they have put on? and what are the maintainance charges like?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tayley
Same boat as you mooncat, 10 year old daughter was reffered to orthodontist last week for braces, will take a couple of months to get seen and have the x-ray, not sure how much longer it will then take till the brace is fitted.

My question is this, has anyone had the braces put on in UK and then carried on with the maintainance work in OZ, or will OZ orthodontists only work on braces that they have put on? and what are the maintainance charges like?
I am trying to find out this info as well as my daughter has a twin block on now to correct a deep over bite and will probably need fixed braces to close a gap in her front teeth and 1 wonky tooth. I am trying to get as much done here before we go as it sounds very expensive in oz.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by john_w
I am trying to find out this info as well as my daughter has a twin block on now to correct a deep over bite and will probably need fixed braces to close a gap in her front teeth and 1 wonky tooth. I am trying to get as much done here before we go as it sounds very expensive in oz.

I think the key thing is to shop around and ask for advice off people who have braces on when you get here. You'll need to phone around and perhaps make appointments to see two or three. They usually charge a small consutation fee and will then tell you how much the work will cost.We saved ourselves 2-3000$ by doing this, all the orthodontists on the Gold Coast wanted 5-6000$ for a top and bottom brace but by waiting and travelling to Beenleigh it was half price.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, thanks for the information. Nice to see it's not just me!!

My dentist said it would be a 12 to 18 month referral time for the orthodontist over here or they can do a private referral which, naturally, would be much quicker. I've now spoken to an orthodontist here with a view to getting her in quick and getting whatever she needs doing, started and then maintained in Oz. Well, blow me down with a feather, this is what they quoted me....

£100 for the initial consultation

If she needs braces it's free for the metal ones or £350 for the ceramic (white) ones and then.....£25 per week for the fitting and maintanence and treatment which is likely to take somewhere between 12 and 18 months!! So, in total, you're talking (once you've actually recovered the ability to speak!!) £2250.

Well, I know I'd rather pay over two grand in AUD than GBP so that's the decision made for me!! Will be getting in touch with Peter Grant as soon as poss!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

My dentist said it would be a 12 to 18 month referral time for the orthodontist over here or they can do a private referral which, naturally, would be much quicker. I've now spoken to an orthodontist here with a view to getting her in quick and getting whatever she needs doing, started and then maintained in Oz. Well, blow me down with a feather, this is what they quoted me....

If she needs braces it's free for the metal ones or £350 for the ceramic (white) ones and then.....£25 per week for the fitting and maintanence and treatment which is likely to take somewhere between 12 and 18 months!! So, in total, you're talking (once you've actually recovered the ability to speak!!) £2250.

Well, I know I'd rather pay over two grand in AUD than GBP so that's the decision made for me!! Will be getting in touch with Peter Grant as soon as poss!
Hi
Oh my god are you sure its £25 every week and not £25 every 6 weeks when you go to have them tightened. You probably are right the robbing gets.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

do you mean aud or pounds
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john_w
Hi
Oh my god are you sure its £25 every week and not £25 every 6 weeks when you go to have them tightened. You probably are right the robbing gets.
No, it's def £25 a week and yes they are robbing gets!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soulrebel
do you mean aud or pounds
Oh it gets worse....yes it's def GBP

I couldn't believe it either hence the fact she's gonna have to wait!!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
Hi

Where are you moving to in Oz?

My daughter had braces on yesterday at Peter Grants, a very good orthodontist in Beenleigh, half way between Surfers, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Hes probably the cheapest in OZ at $2,850 and shes got lots of crooked teeth!!!
Theres a long waiting list, we waited 10 months for the appointment and I believe the wait is now nearly 2 years, so would be worth booking before you come if you're heading this way
Hi Sherie,

We're coming over to Robina on 10th September.
Can you tell me what the 2850 actually includes pls. Ta
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.