Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

originals or photocopies

originals or photocopies

Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default originals or photocopies

Hi guys

hubbie is applying for spouse visa, with regard to proof of relationship, travel, time apart eveidence, did you send the originals or photocopies and if photocopies did you have them certified.

Pako and Bert N Stella have been really helpful to me but have both sent the originals, i would prefer not to, any thoughts?

Thanks

Laura
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: originals or photocopies

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi guys

hubbie is applying for spouse visa, with regard to proof of relationship, travel, time apart eveidence, did you send the originals or photocopies and if photocopies did you have them certified.

Pako and Bert N Stella have been really helpful to me but have both sent the originals, i would prefer not to, any thoughts?

Thanks

Laura
Hello

We got a spouse visa recently. We only sent certified copies. Went to our solicitor, it cost us about £60 (including the stat decs we needed) but saved sending originals which we were a bit paranoid about.

After front loading meds & police check it took 24 hours to get a yes on a permanent visa.

Good luck
Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:16 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

All the stuff I sent off so far have been certified copies - daren't risk originals, plus might need them for a few things simulataneously, and it is annoying to have to wait for them to come back before you can action the next thing.

Shop around for quotes for these, as one firm of solicitors wanted to charge me £5 per document, which would have come to about £120 (as I had to get a training transcript copied). Whereas another - I walked in and asked "How much to copy and certify about 6 or 7 documents" and they only charged me a tenner for 2 copies of each doc! Might have been because it was a small 'one-man band' type of firm, whereas the other firm was a big company.

Apparently, magistrates will cerify stuff for free, but they day I went up, there was no court sitting so no Magistrates either . Still £10 is a bargain I reckon.

HTH.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

thanks for the replies guys.