Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Original Post - Using the facilities in your new home

Original Post - Using the facilities in your new home

Old May 4th 2005, 7:45 am
Badge

Default Original Post - Using the facilities in your new home

Following on from HUPS post, OK so we've all got 3x2, 4x2, yadda yadda houses in Straya. Thats 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. (One will be an ensuite).

Now, how did you all go about deciding which dunny to use. For me it is quite a novelty not only to have a toilet in the ensuite, but furthermore, to have another one, similar in operation, down the corridor.

Did you "take it in turns", or do you just go to the one nearest? How long did it take for you to have to remember the paper was in the other one and not have to wiggle down the corridor to get paper?

bADGE

Old May 4th 2005, 8:23 am
blossom

Default Re: Original Post - Using the facilities in your new home

Buy more paper - that should solve the problem!

Blossom

Old May 4th 2005, 8:27 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

It really p*sses me off if Hevs or the kids use our ensuite and don't shut the door. Nothing worse than walking into the bedroom and being nasally assaulted by dump smells.
Old May 4th 2005, 8:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by HUP
It really p*sses me off if Hevs or the kids use our ensuite and don't shut the door. Nothing worse than walking into the bedroom and being nasally assaulted by dump smells.
Yes there is ! We've got one right by my study, and I agree; Children should learn to shut the damn door

Old May 4th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Yes there is ! We've got one right by my study, and I agree; Children should learn to shut the damn door
Can't you get that odour remover/air freshener stuff over there then?

Here in the UK we have a wc downstairs and one upstairs (bathroom doesn't have a bog). I use the downstairs one usually cos a. it's nearer and b. the kids use the upstairs one at night and p*ss on the seat! not nice when you park you ass on it in the dark!

Cadman
Old May 4th 2005, 9:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I feel inferior now cos we've only got one.
Old May 4th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We only had one toilet too until recently (in both UK and old Melbourne house). Less cleaning, anyway!

Cadman, House rule in the Uk is no dumping in the downstairs toilet. WOuld be too embarrassing if a friend popped in and then wanted to use the toilet...

ANyway Badge, you say you have two toilets "similar in operation" ....what I would like to know is, what does toilet A do that toilet B doesn't
Old May 4th 2005, 9:53 am
Badge

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
ANyway Badge, you say you have two toilets "similar in operation" ....what I would like to know is, what does toilet A do that toilet B doesn't
We have two, but I couldn't say with any accuracy if they were exactly the same.

Badge

Old May 4th 2005, 9:54 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We only had one in our first rental. Couldn't keep our heads up in the street.

B

Old May 4th 2005, 2:09 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

We've actually got two.... but one is outside!!
I'm serious!
We've got a dunny, even though we live in the middle of Perth!(like 4 km's from CBD).
Ok, it is attached to the house.... but, it has a wooden door etc etc.
We never use it though! Have one inside, and the one outside is quite dirty/spiders etc, so we've put gardens stuff and empty boxes in it!

Anyway, that shows how old our house is!

Ohhh, maybe I have a photo......
yes, in photo post:

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=4
The door is open (behind the bike)
Old May 4th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Cadman, House rule in the Uk is no dumping in the downstairs toilet. WOuld be too embarrassing if a friend popped in and then wanted to use the toilet.
Worse still, unless you are talking loudly or have the TV on loud, you can hear people on the downstairs one from the living room or the kitchen ! how's that for embarassing !

Cadman
Old May 4th 2005, 2:16 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

your house looks great simone. the piccies of the expats meets look like fun.
louise
Old May 4th 2005, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I was hoping for an old rickety shed, with an old warped wooden panel door and maybe the walls a bit buckled and stuff.

It looks quite proper, I have friends in the UK who have an outside toilet like that, its part of their laundry room which is also outside.

Anyone got a real old fashioned aussie dunny picture?

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 2:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Louise. It's quite 'cute' and has character, and a great location and big garden.
But, it is a bit small(wouldn't fit if we have kids), and the bathroom and kitchen are a bit old(and small).

Yeah, the dunny's allright. Our shed is worse, it's asbestos(the roof at least).

We had a dunny in our old house in Bridgetown too(10 years ago). It was older, though it was still a proper working dunny, unlike the holes you get in National parks here arghhhh!!!!
I'll put the pic in photopost.
Here:
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1

OMG! Again there's a bike there!! Hmmm, can you tell I'm Dutch!
Old May 4th 2005, 6:15 pm
Merlot

Two toliets - parr.

Whatever happened to the "Guzunder" :scared:

M