Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Origin Energy question

Origin Energy question

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Mike-S will become famous soon enough
Default Origin Energy question

Looking for a bit of advice, tried the search function but it didn't answer my questions

We've had a generic "to the occupier" letter from Origin Energy, saying to call them and setup an account, otherwise our natural gas supply will be switched off. We moved into this rental house 5 weeks ago, our first since moving to Melbourne in September.

My question is this. I've already set up all the gas / electric accounts through AGL, so why are Origin Energy wanting me to do the same for the gas ? Is it legit or is it the same as back in the UK, where uncle tom cobbley and all want you to sign your life away for supposedly cheap utility bills ??

Cheers
Mike
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Origin Energy question

Originally Posted by Mike-S
Looking for a bit of advice, tried the search function but it didn't answer my questions

We've had a generic "to the occupier" letter from Origin Energy, saying to call them and setup an account, otherwise our natural gas supply will be switched off. We moved into this rental house 5 weeks ago, our first since moving to Melbourne in September.

My question is this. I've already set up all the gas / electric accounts through AGL, so why are Origin Energy wanting me to do the same for the gas ? Is it legit or is it the same as back in the UK, where uncle tom cobbley and all want you to sign your life away for supposedly cheap utility bills ??

Cheers
Mike
I suspect it's a cheap ploy to catch out the elderly.

Phone OE, and compare rates with AGL. They might be cheaper. If not give them what for.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Mike-S will become famous soon enough

Cheers. I'll buzz them tomorrow and see what the craic is.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike-S
Cheers. I'll buzz them tomorrow and see what the craic is.
It's probably something as simple as the paperwork hasn't got through their system yet. That's assuming the last owners used Origin...otherwise they're probably just trying it on