Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Organising move from Ireland?

Organising move from Ireland?

Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Question Organising move from Ireland?

Not sure how many Irish (or Brits living in Ireland) post on here, but as I'm hoping our visa grant is imminent , I need to start thinking about what happens next - I've done a quick search, but couldn't find much, so if anyone has made the move from Ireland and can give us some advice, it'd be a great start. Top of my list would be the shipping of our worldly goods and the most stress free way of sending our dog. Thanks. Michelle
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:00 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Organising move from Ireland?

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Not sure how many Irish (or Brits living in Ireland) post on here, but as I'm hoping our visa grant is imminent , I need to start thinking about what happens next - I've done a quick search, but couldn't find much, so if anyone has made the move from Ireland and can give us some advice, it'd be a great start. Top of my list would be the shipping of our worldly goods and the most stress free way of sending our dog. Thanks. Michelle
Michelle
My wife and I did the same thing from Ireland (Co. Wicklow).
Moving from the North is a different thing altogether!
We used www.careline.ie to move our stuff after doing some searching. They seemed to be the best and we couldn't fault them at all.
We didn't bring any animals with us - apart from the kids!
Welcome to the forum anyway and where you coming from and going to?

Andrew
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:02 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

HI GUYS some of the neatest jobs i have seen from Ireland are from a company called OMAN check them out they seem to get it right............. mm
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andrew63
Michelle
My wife and I did the same thing from Ireland (Co. Wicklow).
Moving from the North is a different thing altogether!
We used www.careline.ie to move our stuff after doing some searching. They seemed to be the best and we couldn't fault them at all.
We didn't bring any animals with us - apart from the kids!
Welcome to the forum anyway and where you coming from and going to?

Andrew
Thanks Andrew - remember me? Parents from Wicklow - refused 138 last year? We're in Galway and moving to Gold Coast or thereabouts. There's loads of info on the forum about moving from the UK, but I was struggling with searches about Ireland. Fed up waiting to hear from DIMIA and am trying to sane by thinking about the impending move and what's (hopefully!) ahead of us. Will start my list off with Careline and go from there. If you think of anything else specific to Ireland, I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks again. Michelle
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr mover
HI GUYS some of the neatest jobs i have seen from Ireland are from a company called OMAN check them out they seem to get it right............. mm
Never heard of them, but will add them to the list. Thanks.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:27 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Andrew - remember me? Parents from Wicklow - refused 138 last year? We're in Galway and moving to Gold Coast or thereabouts. There's loads of info on the forum about moving from the UK, but I was struggling with searches about Ireland. Fed up waiting to hear from DIMIA and am trying to sane by thinking about the impending move and what's (hopefully!) ahead of us. Will start my list off with Careline and go from there. If you think of anything else specific to Ireland, I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks again. Michelle
Can't really think of anything specific to Ireland, thought your name rang a bell! All I do recall is getting rief from Singapore airlines trying to get extra luggage allowance. The Singapore airline office in Ireland was useless and refused. The one in London said it was OK so I had to get them talking otherwise the extra allowance was from london onwards and we would be in trouble getting from dublin to london.
If I think of anything else I'll let you know. It's one year exactly for us today!
We are not too far from the Gold Coast, about 30 Km towards Brisbane.

Andrew
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andrew63
Can't really think of anything specific to Ireland, thought your name rang a bell! All I do recall is getting rief from Singapore airlines trying to get extra luggage allowance. The Singapore airline office in Ireland was useless and refused. The one in London said it was OK so I had to get them talking otherwise the extra allowance was from london onwards and we would be in trouble getting from dublin to london.
If I think of anything else I'll let you know. It's one year exactly for us today!
We are not too far from the Gold Coast, about 30 Km towards Brisbane.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. Your place sounds lovely - best of both worlds? Any websites I can look at that would give me a better idea of what Tanah Merah is like?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:48 pm
I don't re Member

Thanks Andrew. Your place sounds lovely - best of both worlds? Any websites I can look at that would give me a better idea of what Tanah Merah is like?
Tanah Merah is not everyone's cup of tea! We spent the last few years in Rathdrum which was beautiful and scenic but so far from everywhere and as our kids were getting bigger we needed more for them Tanah Merah is a 5 min drive away from the Logan Hyperdome, allegedly the largest (by footprint) shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere. My wife is so happy to be so close to the shops and kids for cinema, bowling and no doubt night life when they are older. We couldn't decide between Gold Coast, City or Coast so all 3 are no more than 30 mins away max.
Tons of good schools nearby - esp. Catholic if you are that way inclined.
Anyway, plenty of other nice areas too. TM is split into 2, old and new. New is small plots overlooking each other etc, closely built. Old is much larger and built high on the hills/mountains (whatever).
I work in the City (28 km door to door) so this is good for me. Tends to take 30 mins with no traffic jams.
Attached is the estate agent brochure FYI but we have extended the home since.

Andrew
Attached Files
File Type: doc
SUMMER WONDERLAND.doc (100.5 KB, 80 views)
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:01 pm
Dee & Steve

Dee & Steve will become famous soon enough

Hi, we moved from Ireland to Perth last July. We flew out of Shannon on Malaysian airlines, no probs with flight but not good with extra baggage allowance. We didnt bring any pets, but we used Careline also, they gave us a really good quote, we didn't ship a container but shipped about 23 boxes. They provide the boxes, bubble wrap and tape, we did the packing ourselves, they were very helpful, even the two guys that arrived that day to collect our stuff were really good as they arrived a little early and we were still packing, but they were very patient and helpful. Everything arrived safe and sound with nothing broken. Hope this helps and good luck with your move.... Deirdre