Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oracle IT work in Perth

Oracle IT work in Perth

Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:51 pm
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of
Question Oracle IT work in Perth

Can anyone suggest a good company who uses Oracle and needs a hard working Contractor?? I have had some experience working with Oracle and am looking for work in Perth...I know this is a bit vague, but just wondered if anyone has any (sensible!) suggestions.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

emilov is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oracle IT work in Perth

Originally Posted by luchi
Can anyone suggest a good company who uses Oracle and needs a hard working Contractor?? I have had some experience working with Oracle and am looking for work in Perth...I know this is a bit vague, but just wondered if anyone has any (sensible!) suggestions.
Hi,

I only know Oracle in Brisbane. I had an interview with them for a Java job there. I did not take that path because I already had an offer from another company which I took BUT they seem to be really desperate in the Brisbane office for a Senior Java J2EE etc. guy with lots of Oracle experience.

Hope this helps somehow.

Cheers,
Emil
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

I was a Tech Support Contractor on AS400's some time ago, gave up trying to get IT work in Perth as I was on the 457 visa. Having said that, AS400 is old now and not so widely used. There are a lot of I.T. agencies in Perth, perhaps you could check out the online White Pages for WA. Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:18 pm
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of

Guys, thanks for the info. I think I used AS400 many moons ago! I have sent my CV off to loadsa agencies tonight, so fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by Santa
I was a Tech Support Contractor on AS400's some time ago, gave up trying to get IT work in Perth as I was on the 457 visa. Having said that, AS400 is old now and not so widely used. There are a lot of I.T. agencies in Perth, perhaps you could check out the online White Pages for WA. Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

emilov is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by luchi
Guys, thanks for the info. I think I used AS400 many moons ago! I have sent my CV off to loadsa agencies tonight, so fingers crossed!
Good luck to you
(And don't trust recruiters, go to the firms directly.)
You might want to read my post concerning my experience with job search in Australia (and yesss! I got the job):

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390599

Cheers,
Emil