An opinion Please

An opinion Please

Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Location: Nova Scotia, Canada...back in my beloved Brissy soon
Tinkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An opinion Please

Hi!

I'm an Aussie in Canada at the moment and we are currently going through the Spouse application so I can bring my Canadian hubby to Aus.

We lodged our application at the start of March 04 and received the acknowledgement 2 days later. About a week after this we received a letter from our case officer asking for two more documents.

We had asked for us to be able to pick the Visa up in NZ as we were planning on travelling and the Canberra office of the Immigration department suggested we could pick it up there and then cross over to Aus.

The bit I want your opinion on is this last paragraph from the case officer:

"Please note that if I receive these documents at the same time with your passport and a return courier envelope I could issue the Visa and then you would not need to worry about getting the Visa in New Zealand. I understand that you cannot get the Honourable Discharge until you complete your service (Hubby is in the Canadian Navy and finishes 20 June) in June so after this submit the evidence so we can finalise your case."

Does this mean she plans on approving us??? i am stressing out quite badly with the not knowing I have already been through the Canadian Immigration process only to reach the end and be approved and my dad got sick back in Aus so a week after that approval we are back in the Immigration Process again to go the other way
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:23 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: An opinion Please

Originally posted by Tinkie
Hi!

I'm an Aussie in Canada at the moment and we are currently going through the Spouse application so I can bring my Canadian hubby to Aus.

We lodged our application at the start of March 04 and received the acknowledgement 2 days later. About a week after this we received a letter from our case officer asking for two more documents.

We had asked for us to be able to pick the Visa up in NZ as we were planning on travelling and the Canberra office of the Immigration department suggested we could pick it up there and then cross over to Aus.

The bit I want your opinion on is this last paragraph from the case officer:

"Please note that if I receive these documents at the same time with your passport and a return courier envelope I could issue the Visa and then you would not need to worry about getting the Visa in New Zealand. I understand that you cannot get the Honourable Discharge until you complete your service (Hubby is in the Canadian Navy and finishes 20 June) in June so after this submit the evidence so we can finalise your case."

Does this mean she plans on approving us??? i am stressing out quite badly with the not knowing I have already been through the Canadian Immigration process only to reach the end and be approved and my dad got sick back in Aus so a week after that approval we are back in the Immigration Process again to go the other way
You idiot!!! Of course you've got it, congratulations.

Time for and dancing
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

thanks!!

terrified i was getting my hopes up for nothing
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Tinkie
thanks!!

terrified i was getting my hopes up for nothing

Congrats!!

You must be quite the immigration pro having completed two now
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

urg! If i never have to go through it again it will be too soon!!!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!! Sounds like you're approved!