Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Opening bank account to transfer funds

Opening bank account to transfer funds

Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

KarenS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opening bank account to transfer funds

Did you open an account with anz here? I looked on their site and it looked as if i couldnt do that? thanks
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KarenS
Did you open an account with anz here? I looked on their site and it looked as if i couldnt do that? thanks
The ANZ page you need is here
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

KarenS is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks alot for that - i hadnt read it properly!! Must have spent too long reading stuff on here!!
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we may end up renting our house out in the UK as we cannot sell which would result in us going to Oz with the loose change in our pockets. would it still be possible to open an Oz account whilst still in UK or would it be a case of not interested cos no large deposit?
You can open a transfer account with the commonwealth bank, just so that it is ready, then when you sell you house, everything is in place. One less thing to worry about. They were very helpful when we arrived too. (We are from Torquay too by the way)