Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Opening a bank account in Oz from the UK

Opening a bank account in Oz from the UK

Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:41 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default Opening a bank account in Oz from the UK

Hi

I've been looking on-line for a Bank which will allow me to open an account from the UK, unfortunately I haven't been able to find one. Can anyone give me guidance on this one?

Many thanks.

Ali X
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening a bank account in Oz from the UK

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hi

I've been looking on-line for a Bank which will allow me to open an account from the UK, unfortunately I haven't been able to find one. Can anyone give me guidance on this one?

http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:10 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Try
www.anz.com.au
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Hi

Many thanks.

Ali X
If attempting to open an account without an Australian Tax File number, make sure you clarify with the bank what they will withhold from account deposits.

It's also very easy to open an account when you are out here.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:55 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Try this link for the Westpac...

http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/p...rseas+accounts

Cheers

Ginny
Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Many thanks.

Ali X
I know from previous threads some people have opened a on line HSBC bank account and some have said that their HSBC banks have arranged everything ready for when they arrive. Maybe you should search for some extra info.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:31 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

I opened a bank account from here, called ANZ( 24 hr line) opened it there and then, took all of 4 minutes, transfered money with ozforex, and it was in my new account 3 days later, I have to activate the account when I arrive.
tess
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:36 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Thanx everyone. Really useful information. I'll now have somewhere to pay my redundancy and house sale monies into!

Many thanks.

Ali X
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:27 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx everyone. Really useful information. I'll now have somewhere to pay my redundancy and house sale monies into!

Many thanks.

Ali X
Don't forget to get your money exchanged first
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:14 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Hi

Many thanks.

Ali X
I contacted the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in London and they sent me a pack which I had to fill in and send back and they then opened me a bank account in London which linked up with one in Australia.

Tracey x