Wikiposts

open to offers

Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: open to offers

Originally posted by WBB
yes, it's official, we are now well and truly on the house selling merry go round.

we had our valuations done last week and decided which one to go with and we are now the proud owners of a "for sale" sign outside the house and we have a top spot in the shop window.

we waited for the phone to ring today and the offers to come flooding in but.......nothing, not a sausage.

it can only get better than this.

Good luck WBB, we have our first viewing at 10.30 this morning although we are trying to sell ours DIY. We've spent just under £200 so far so I'll let you know how successful it is. We put an ad in our local paper last Friday and had 7 phone calls from it.

Fingers crossed for all in the same boat,
here's to house selling.

Lindsey
Old Jun 14th 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good luck WBB - I'd race ya but not feeling too confident at the moment.

House has been on the market for 2 weeks and we have had just 3 viewings. Just sacked our internet-based agents and getting in bed with the local sleasebag estate agent in when our 10 day notice period is up.

One thing I would say is don't believe a word either the agent or viewers say. We had our first viewer rave about the place, really wanting to come back with a friend for a second view...never heard from her again Think some prefer to bulls@$t you with niceties rather than look around then leave!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 9:40 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Only problem WBB, is that prices are still climbing here too

In my area, Postcode 4165, the median price jumped from $339,500 at April 30 to $349,500 at May 30. The figure at the end of December, (when prices are said to have stalled, in most of the country) was $303,500. Thats a 10% rise in last 5 months.

It just goes to show that different areas of each country are different.
House prices rise in 6 out of 8 cities

March quarter median house price data released this week by the Real Estate Institute of Australia (REIA) shows despite an overall softening of residential property markets throughout Australia, median prices actually increased in six of the eight capital cities during the March 2004 quarter.

The REIA March quarter data shows median house prices rose most strongly in Darwin and Canberra during the quarter, rising respectively by 13.0% to $260,000 and by 11.7% to $377,800.

Other cities which also experienced an increase in prices were Sydney, up 4% to $520,000; Adelaide up 1.3% to $243,000; Perth, up 2.8% to $242,800 and Hobart, up 3.9% to $235,000.

The only two capital cities to experience a decline in median house prices were Melbourne, down 0.8% to $368,000 and Brisbane, down 1.4% to $345,000.

The REIA expects to see a further slow down in price growth over the next quarter. This sentiment was reflected in comments from REIA President, Ms Kareena Ballard, who said, “The REIA expects that the housing markets in all capital cities will continue to record reduced numbers of sales and steadily slowing rates of gain in median prices through the June quarter�.

In recent months there have been comments in the media as to the accuracy of median house price data being produced by various groups.

jib
Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:06 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by jib
The only two capital cities to experience a decline in median house prices were Melbourne, down 0.8% to $368,000 and Brisbane, down 1.4% to $345,000.
That had me puzzled for a few seconds, but then I realised they are March figures.

I am quoting May 31st figures, just available today.

I agree March was pretty bad:
The median prices in my area, near Brisbane were:
Feb $ 329,000
Mar $ 330,000 0.3% increase for the month
Apr $ 339,500 2.88% increase for the month
May $ 349,500 2.94% increase for the month

But then the annual increase in this area (4165) has been 30% compared to 19% for the Brisbane East general area.

Ipswich (4305) however has had 49% growth in the last year, but i haven't been tracking it monthly, so can't see if it is slowing.

Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:46 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by sjn2003
One thing I would say is don't believe a word either the agent or viewers say. We had our first viewer rave about the place, really wanting to come back with a friend for a second view...never heard from her again Think some prefer to bulls@$t you with niceties rather than look around then leave!

wbb, but then again on the flip side you might have someone come and look at your house, hardly say a word about it apart from "it's big" then put an offer in 1 hour later. job's a good'un.

anyway, no matter what happens, all the best with the sale matey!

Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to prove how shite the estate agents are....I did last fridays viewing as the agent didnt turn up.
As I finished my spill, the agent turned up, then went upstairs with the viewer.

She wants to come back for a second viewing. I will ring you tommorrow.
Ok says I. When they leave I dance round the room like a prat!!

Saturday morning, no call nor saturday afternoon.
By Monday afternoon my blood pressure is spiralling, bearing in mind I am on every available tablet to keep it down!!

In the end I got Mick to ring `em.

Apparently the bloke didnt like the second bedroom.
Bloke? Bloke? What bleeding bloke....it was a girl wiv her baby, whom I paid the boys a couple of quid to keep laughing so the viewer could have a good look round.

Now these are the second agents we have gone up wiv, and there was no bartering as they reckon there service is the best Really???

They still havent even got us on their website!!

Really getting pi**ed off!!!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Has everything changed now with selling your house as when i sold mine 7 years ago i used to show them around , not the agents and if you are willing to do this doesnt the price come down as in their fee's
Debs xxx