Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

open cast minning

open cast minning

Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:44 pm
joke c

john channon has a spectacular aura aboutjohn channon has a spectacular aura aboutjohn channon has a spectacular aura about
Default open cast minning

hi has any one went out to queensland to work in open cast minning ,So could you give me some web sites please ,can you buy a house in queensland straight away when you go out or do you need to wait.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: open cast minning

Originally Posted by john channon
hi has any one went out to queensland to work in open cast minning ,So could you give me some web sites please ,can you buy a house in queensland straight away when you go out or do you need to wait.
where in Qld are you looking at going and what is it that you do? my hubby is in mining but most of it is underground
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:52 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I assume you mean "open cut mining."

I'll send you some website a little later when I have more time.

You can by a house right away if you are on a permanent visa, temporary visas would require approval first before buying.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Hi I wanted the same info,was looking on seek and career one but thought there must be ones for mining,also looked at hays but you have to lodge you cv with them first,am doing that tonight. But any info will be good.
cheers John
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

You can work surface or underground. Most work surface and you need a generic induction and medical before you will be allowed on. Where are you going in Qld?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:04 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Rio Tinto are a large company in Australia here' their website for you

http://www.riotinto.com/careers/221_careers.asp

I think it is Hayes that are a good recruitment agency for mines here, did a quick search and I think this is them http://www.hays.com.au/salary/default.aspx

If you go to Mackay there are a few agencies there so maybe look on the yellow pages website and doa quick search for agencies that you can contact.

Most operate on a fly in fly out basis where you might work 12+ hour shifts for 2 weeks then have 1 week off.