Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OP Scores ?? What are they?

OP Scores ?? What are they?

Old Sep 18th 2006, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: OP Scores ?? What are they?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Deb, I have the paper copy of the tables here. Remind me to bring it with me when we next meet.
Thanks Pen. Will give u a ring and maybe come over for a coffee sometime this week.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 4:32 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Found this link to the tables (which they say are NOT league tables!)

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/yrs11_12/s...2006_04_03.pdf

Also see Wikipedia (search overall_position) and:

http://www.answers.com/topic/overall-position
Old Sep 18th 2006, 4:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Andrew
I was unable to access the courier mail webpage with the op results for schools. I have searched for this but have not had any luck. Do you still have these details?
i have a copy in excel form

just a tick

here it is
Attached Files
File Type: xls
op ratings qld 2005.xls (111.5 KB, 76 views)
Old Sep 18th 2006, 4:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Found this link to the tables (which they say are NOT league tables!)

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/yrs11_12/s...2006_04_03.pdf

Also see Wikipedia (search overall_position) and:

http://www.answers.com/topic/overall-position
thanks for the links

regards steve
Old Sep 18th 2006, 5:05 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
thanks for the links

regards steve
Thanks for the spreadsheet!

Far too little info in tables though. I would like to see how many students achieved op1, op1-5, op6-10, op11-15 etc. The majority of Uni Courses require op's of 1-10 the highest (worse) op requirement I've seen was 17.

Looks like there's a good bit of fear in the education system which means the hard info will be very difficult to get hold of, except from individual school prospectuses if they choose to publish it.

Are there any secondary teachers on here who can tell us where to find a table including the info I mentioned above?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Thanks for the spreadsheet!

Far too little info in tables though. I would like to see how many students achieved op1, op1-5, op6-10, op11-15 etc. The majority of Uni Courses require op's of 1-10 the highest (worse) op requirement I've seen was 17.

Looks like there's a good bit of fear in the education system which means the hard info will be very difficult to get hold of, except from individual school prospectuses if they choose to publish it.

Are there any secondary teachers on here who can tell us where to find a table including the info I mentioned above?
Arnie, I would alos be interested in seing the scores for OP 1-10.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 6:53 am
Keeping Busy

Went to Hayley's school yesterday afternoon to get clarification of the Uni Application system and options if H doesn't get the course she wants.

Learnt a bit more about the OP scores shown in the QTAC Uni Course Guide....

It seems that each course has a pre-determined number of places allocated and students are then placed on the course starting from OP1. If the course numbers are met by the time they get to a student with say an OP of 9, that's the figure that ends up next to the course the following year - as a guide to the kind of grade which may be neccessary to get on the course during that following year. It isn't an OP number which Guarantees a place - just a guide.

It's a shame this system didn't end last year instead of this year, but no doubt its successor will be just as much a bureaucratic nightmare as this one is.

The 'good' news is that a year at TAFE or University will almost certainly give anyone with a bit of sense the OP score they need for the course they want, just a year and a few $$$$$ later

Good Luck