Oopsy

Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oopsy

Ok Does anyone else get bogged down and confused with the paperwork you have to fill in?

Filled forms in sent them off for a PR employer nominated visa, now been contacted by the migration agent, to say they need the police checks done prior to sending forms off???

I thought we waited til we were asked as we are still in the good old freezing cold UK.
Or is it because Oh's future emplyer is paying for the visa that we need to do it before hand

Or has the migration agent got totally confused???

I know I am

Jen
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:35 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Oopsy

Jen, Police Checks are normally requested after the other info has been processed. You can "frontload" them to save time but I don't think you ever have to if you don't want to.

Buzzy
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oopsy

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ok Does anyone else get bogged down and confused with the paperwork you have to fill in?

Filled forms in sent them off for a PR employer nominated visa, now been contacted by the migration agent, to say they need the police checks done prior to sending forms off???

I thought we waited til we were asked as we are still in the good old freezing cold UK.
Or is it because Oh's future emplyer is paying for the visa that we need to do it before hand

Or has the migration agent got totally confused???

I know I am

Jen

Could it be the future employer wants the police checks. I had to have police checks for my current occupation in the UK. They may just want to check you out before they pay for the visa. Not sure on this, it is only a thought.
Nicky x
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Jen, Police Checks are normally requested after the other info has been processed. You can "frontload" them to save time but I don't think you ever have to if you don't want to.

Buzzy
Thanks Buzzy, our migration agent is over here right now so someone's filling in for her.

Of course hubby phoned up the police in a panic (don't worry he didn't dial 999 ) asking what he needed to do so have now filled in forms for the police and have been told they get sent to Scotland Yard and the turnround for getting them back is 30 days apparently. By the way hows things going Buzzy ? are you having a good time?

Thanks Nicky the employer is very happy and doesn't need us to have police checks, we've already signed the contract.

Out of pure insane curiosity does anyone know if you have signed a contract of employment with your future employer in Australia and have a job to go to does the visa go through quicker????
Or is it just pot luck how long it takes?

Many Thanks

Jen
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Thanks Buzzy, our migration agent is over here right now so someone's filling in for her.

Of course hubby phoned up the police in a panic (don't worry he didn't dial 999 ) asking what he needed to do so have now filled in forms for the police and have been told they get sent to Scotland Yard and the turnround for getting them back is 30 days apparently. By the way hows things going Buzzy ? are you having a good time?

Thanks Nicky the employer is very happy and doesn't need us to have police checks, we've already signed the contract.

Out of pure insane curiosity does anyone know if you have signed a contract of employment with your future employer in Australia and have a job to go to does the visa go through quicker????
Or is it just pot luck how long it takes?

Many Thanks

Jen
Hi Jen

My Police Checks were back in 15 working days - I think this is a record!

As for your last question - I think this depends on the visa you are going for. Try posting on the immigration forum for a more informed response.

Buzzy
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

My Police Checks were back in 15 working days - I think this is a record!
What, like walking on the moon
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:31 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
What, like walking on the moon
No... like Echo Beach!

Buzzy