Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only one kidney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one kidney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 27th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Only one kidney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya All,
going for our medicals June 7Th.
Kath is worried sick to death about the fact she had a kidney removed(due to stones) 5 plus years ago. She has had NO problems since.
Any advise please, good or bad.................

Dave and Kath

TTFN
Old May 27th 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only one kidney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think she should worry. You can lead a healthy life with one kidney. I had a severe gall bladder attack when I was 47 and they discovered that I had only one kidney and it was badly damaged because of a defective uretha. I had been born this way and was never sick. By the time it was discovered I had 4 sons without any problems. Wont say how many years ago I was operated on to fix the uretha - it's been a few(!!!)- So all is not lost.
Old May 27th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Don't think she should worry. You can lead a healthy life with one kidney. I had a severe gall bladder attack when I was 47 and they discovered that I had only one kidney and it was badly damaged because of a defective uretha. I had been born this way and was never sick. By the time it was discovered I had 4 sons without any problems. Wont say how many years ago I was operated on to fix the uretha - it's been a few(!!!)- So all is not lost.
Hi there I dont think you will have a problem my hubby was born with one kidney he didnt know till he was 45 he had xrays for something unrelated thats when he found out and he hasn't had any problems.
regards Janet
Old May 28th 2006, 12:14 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hi don't worry, we have friends who moved here and he has only one kidney. They are now Citizens, been here for 5 years.

LJJ
Old May 28th 2006, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bro
take note of what has been said here. Praying for you both!!
It may help to actually get a bit more information about how a single kidney works just as well as two, it may help at appeal if it ever comes to that.
regards Chris and Andrea (eagerly waiting
Old May 28th 2006, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Bro
take note of what has been said here. Praying for you both!!
It may help to actually get a bit more information about how a single kidney works just as well as two, it may help at appeal if it ever comes to that.
regards Chris and Andrea (eagerly waiting

Thanks to all, for all your votes of confidence.

But she is still worrying!!!!!! :scared:

TTFN

Dave and Kath
Old May 28th 2006, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Thanks to all, for all your votes of confidence.

But she is still worrying!!!!!! :scared:

TTFN

Dave and Kath

OH! Dave tell Kath to STOP worrying, Dr Million is a really nice guy have a chat with him tell him your concerns. Make sure Kath takes a letter from her Consultant at the hospital she can get this via her GP to state that there is no ongoing treatment needed. Also wish her a
VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Love from John & Mandy