Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only doubt is now not an option

Only doubt is now not an option

Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:02 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Only doubt is now not an option

The only thing that made us wary of moving to Australia was the security of our jobs and that we both had decent incomes and lifestyles here in the UK. Did we really want to give it all up???

Well now work has made it easier on us as they have announced compulsory redundancy (removing people they don't want not posts!!!) a list of 750 names to start with will be given out on the 17th Nov to leave 12th Dec (Merry Xmas!) so as we work for the same company I am thanking someone up there, for us making the decision to get out on the 7th November before we are potentially thrown out.

I am the only one at work who doesn't care what happens everyone else is in turmoil. Most wish they were coming with us!!

Jo

Leave 12th Nov arrive Melbourne 18th Feb 2004
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Fate is a strange thing!

Best of luck to you both.

footie chick
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Most people could never saying being made redundant was a good thing- however in this case it seems to be great! It must put your mind at rest having the decision made for you.

Let's hope you are on the list!!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 10:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've spent a long time tonight talking to someone about how fate is very strange (for a totally unrelated reason) . Someone up there seems to have an eye on you - take it as an omen!
Oz here you come!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only doubt is now not an option

Originally posted by joh117
The only thing that made us wary of moving to Australia was the security of our jobs and that we both had decent incomes and lifestyles here in the UK. Did we really want to give it all up???

Well now work has made it easier on us as they have announced compulsory redundancy (removing people they don't want not posts!!!) a list of 750 names to start with will be given out on the 17th Nov to leave 12th Dec (Merry Xmas!) so as we work for the same company I am thanking someone up there, for us making the decision to get out on the 7th November before we are potentially thrown out.

I am the only one at work who doesn't care what happens everyone else is in turmoil. Most wish they were coming with us!!

Jo

Leave 12th Nov arrive Melbourne 18th Feb 2004

Fingers crossed, lets hope your names are on the list. You could make sure they are by turning up late, taking long lunches, not doing anything between now and the 17th...
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:58 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately already handed notice in 2 months ago as I had to hand in 3 months. So name won't be on list. I leave on the 7th November.

But still makes me more adamant we have made the right decision.

Jo