Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only in Australia!

Only in Australia!

Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Only in Australia!

Well, maybe not, but just thought I'd share anyway ...

Last Friday my daughter was 18 and was going out on the razz for the first time (very strict on ID in the clubs here ... ) After work she went to a bottle shop for some booze and bought a 6 pack of sommit or other. The bloke asked her for her ID, and she produced her license. He took one look, did the maths, and searched through his bag on the floor for a while (so I'm told) and found his wallet. He then proceeded to say "well if it's your 18th, then these are on me!" ... and swiped his card through the machine for payment! ...

Totally random bottle shop, NOT a regular or anything!

Only in Australia?

I say yes! ... but whatever really, just a REAL nice story so thought I'd share ...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in Australia!

lol - class.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

How unlucky. She could have stocked up on JD and a few cases of bubbly if she knew he was going to do that.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol - class.
It is tho ennit! ... top shelf and all that.

Call me 'biased' ... but I don't think it would happen back there!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
How unlucky. She could have stocked up on JD and a few cases of bubbly if she knew he was going to do that.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:37 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Next stop the Mercedes dealership ?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:37 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Last Friday my daughter was 18 and was going out on the razz for the first time (very strict on ID in the clubs here ... ) After work she went to a bottle shop for some booze and bought a 6 pack of sommit or other. The bloke asked her for her ID, and she produced her license. He took one look, did the maths, and searched through his bag on the floor for a while (so I'm told) and found his wallet. He then proceeded to say "well if it's your 18th, then these are on me!" ... and swiped his card through the machine for payment! ...

Only in Australia?

I say yes! ... but whatever really, just a REAL nice story so thought I'd share ...

Awwwwwww thats so nice of him...Im speechless! Stories like that would make the papers here lol
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:47 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Prob the last time an aussie bloke buys her a drink
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

That's not unusual. The Aussies in the majority are a nice lot and we've seen many an example of this type of thing
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Awww, that was really generous of him.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

In Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really niceIn Like Flynn is just really nice

It sounds like that is PROBABLY the best birthday in the world - It had to be Carlsberg she bought !

Hey lots of good things happen when you drink the stuff - well it certainly seems so anyway
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
That's not unusual. The Aussies in the majority are a nice lot and we've seen many an example of this type of thing
absolutely

on mother's day we were walking through town with DD in her stroller when a woman crossed the road and handed me a big bunch of flowers saying "happy mothers day" - she owned the florist.

really touched me to think someone would make the effort to do something totally random and made my day even more special (it was my first mother's day)
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Lovely stories. Just goes to show that beneath the tough Aussie hide beats a gooey marshmallow heart.
We didn't get given nuffin, but when we were over there in June we stopped to talk to a guy who was fishing on a pier, and we told him we were thinking of moving but knew nobody. He smiled and said, "Well that's not true. Now you know one don't you."
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Aussies are bloody nice people, generous and amazingly friendly. Paul, this doesn't suprise me in the slightest mate... you got the name of that bottle-o btw?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:57 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the last customer had dropped his wallet

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Only in Australia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.