Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only in Australia

Only in Australia

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Default Only in Australia

Since moving here 6 months ago we occassionally have that '' only in Australia'' moment - I'm sure there are many to add to the list.

1. Tonight the KFC ran out of chicken !!!!!

2. There is an ad on the radio for a gents outfitters which closes with the strapline '' Why are we so popular ? Because we wont send you out looking like a total dick head !''

3. Every job done by workmen '' will be al'right mate'' even when it obviously wont.

Feel free to add your '' only in Australia'' moments
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:54 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in Australia

Originally Posted by suecroft
Since moving here 6 months ago we occassionally have that '' only in Australia'' moment - I'm sure there are many to add to the list.

2. There is an ad on the radio for a gents outfitters which closes with the strapline '' Why are we so popular ? Because we wont send you out looking like a total dick head !''

3. Every job done by workmen '' will be al'right mate'' even when it obviously wont.

has to be NASAL DELIVERY TECHNOLOGY!!! i pee myself everytime
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wengerboy
Especially the last few lines which are along the lines of
"Go from a o to a AHHH"
Then he says: "I feel like a man now!" Oh really? Nasal spray has a sexual preference changing side affect?

WW
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I love the prime time radio ads, "do you suffer from premature ejaculation?".

Another radio one on 96fm when the newscaster made a mess of reading the news & she just said "well I screwed that up". Now, that wouldn't happen on the beeb!

TV, when you have a set of adverts sometimes, then you go back to the program which runs for a minute or two & it's straight into the closing credits.

I'm sure I'll think of more...........

Loopy
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:41 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loopy
TV, when you have a set of adverts sometimes, then you go back to the program which runs for a minute or two & it's straight into the closing credits.

Loopy
On the same theme, programmes that merge into ads which are fronted by the same presenters that are on the programme, and then it disolves back into the programme again.

Its illegal in the UK, but its obviously allowed here. Just watch Better Homes and Gardens any Friday night and try and find the join between where the ads start and where the programme ends. One minute they are telling what brand of wood preservative to use (I think that was part of the programme) the next they are telling you the best paint to buy (I think that was an advert)
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:44 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just bought 2 boxes of xmas cards and none of the cards fit in the envelopes that came with them!!!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:44 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Only in Australia

Originally Posted by wengerboy
Also found in the UK...

Source.

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:34 pm
    BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by arkon
    Well I just bought 2 boxes of xmas cards and none of the cards fit in the envelopes that came with them!!!
    excellent
    Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:41 pm
    Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

LOL
    Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:45 pm
    ABCDiamond

You must be the unluckiest person in the world. Are you in the Guinesss Book of Records yet ? It should be worth a try for it

Only in Australia ? We have "Level Two" drought restrictions, and our dams are full at 100% capacity

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:47 pm
    She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I love your posts Arkon.
    Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:47 pm
    Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Hi ABC, hope all is well ...
    Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:56 pm
    BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

The weather presenters say: "Well thankfully rain is forecast all week"

It's considered acceptable for tough guys to drink light beer
    Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:02 pm
    ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Paul2004
    Hi ABC, hope all is well ...
    Not too bad thanks, except for some flippin computer problems !!!

And some Hot weather these last few days, and an Air conditioner packing up !! Someone must be spreading their luck around

Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:07 pm
    Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
    And some Hot weather these last few days
    Go on, rub it in! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.