Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BE online food store.

BE online food store.

Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:04 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE online food store.

OK, all you budding entrepreneurs out there, how about this for an idea.

There are shitloads of posts about what us winging poms miss from the UK (food)

We don't want Tesco's to come to Oz. (no we do NOT !!)

Why doesn't somebody set up an online BE foodstore with nationwide delivery service ?

The range could be limited to the top 50 requested items, and items can only added if something else is removed from the list (we still need to integrate by eating as much ozzie food as possible.)

I don't live out there yet, but i'm sure if I imported 2 or 3 items for shipping round Oz, i'm sure I could earn some beer money.

any takers ?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE online food store.

Originally Posted by furkew
OK, all you budding entrepreneurs out there, how about this for an idea.

We don't want Tesco's to come to Oz. (no we do NOT !!)

Why doesn't somebody set up an online BE foodstore with nationwide delivery service ?

The range could be limited to the top 50 requested items, and items can only added if something else is removed from the list (we still need to integrate by eating as much ozzie food as possible.)

I don't live out there yet, but i'm sure if I imported 2 or 3 items for shipping round Oz, i'm sure I could earn some beer money.

any takers ?

Not a bad idea, but what about the customs side of things?

Also how would it work?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:14 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Not a bad idea, but what about the customs side of things?

Also how would it work?
I would imagine because it's a tax paying business, a lot more doors are opened regard what can & can't

Don't forget almost anything can be found in Oz that you can buy in the Uk, but at a premium.

I should be keeping this idea to myself until I get out there..

I'll never be rich !!!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I should be keeping this idea to myself until I get out there..

I'll never be rich !!!
Yes, I thought that too
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:26 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yes, I thought that too
ok.

i'll share this one with members of BE, but only you guys.

I will require an initial investment of 2 tins of bisto granules, 6 bags of salt and vinigar crisps, 2 economy jars of marmite & 3 packets of rowntree's jelly.

Once this are up and running, all investors will then have moved to Oz, and then they can buy back these products at a reduced price.

good thinking or not ?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ok.

I will require an initial investment of 2 tins of bisto granules, 6 bags of salt and vinigar crisps, 2 economy jars of marmite & 3 packets of rowntree's jelly.

Once this are up and running, all investors will then have moved to Oz, and then they can buy back these products at a reduced price.

good thinking or not ?

I like your style
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

ok.

good thinking or not ?

Hmmm i wonder if i could invest english made Cadbury's Dairy milk chocolate and twiglets instead of the usual investment??

LOL!!

Lisa.xx
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:33 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Hmmm i wonder if i could invest english made Cadbury's Dairy milk chocolate and twiglets instead of the usual investment??

LOL!!

Lisa.xx
i'm easily tempted

i'm a sucker for a twiglet.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:58 pm
dcm
Account Closed

dcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: BE online food store.

I came across a website called www.britishcornershop.co.uk
they deliver anything worldwide (at a cost) but they say the more you order the cheaper per kilo it is!!
I did notice that Walkers cheese and onion were £2.43 for a pack of 14!!
may help those of you who crave stuff you can't get hold of!

debbie
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:00 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by dcm
I came across a website called www.britishcornershop.co.uk
they deliver anything worldwide (at a cost) but they say the more you order the cheaper per kilo it is!!
I did notice that Walkers cheese and onion were £2.43 for a pack of 14!!
may help those of you who crave stuff you can't get hold of!

debbie
If a few BE'ers get together in the same area just before a meeting, why don't they place a big order, and even try to get some discount ?

If they organize it to arrive before the meeting, it can be dealt out on the day.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: BE online food store.

Don't forget almost anything can be found in Oz that you can buy in the Uk, but at a premium.
Don't forget that most ex-pat food suppliers also charge a premium for ex-pat foodstuffs.

There's a handful of online Aussie ex-pat food shops here in the UK, but their prices are so extortionate that I've chosen to boycott them on principle.

Your idea is a good one, though - and if you can undercut the current market, you'll definitely have a nice little earner!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

How are you dealing with that in Holland? Can you get british foodstuff here?
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:13 pm
"Not the Kingswood!"

bobajob is on a distinguished road

I thought about this one as well (please God get me away from working for bosses!)

But I think someone has beat us all to the punchline:

www.britshop.com.au

They are based in Neutral Bay in Sydney, but say they deliver Australia-wide. Haven't tried them yet though, so can't vouch for them.

Let me know if anyone has used them ??

Kat (Bobajob's other half)
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

ok.
Bisto - you can get it here, it's called Soooo Gravy and is sold in Woolworths
Salt and viniger (sic) crisps - Get them here.
Marmite - get it here, it's called MyMate
Rowntrees Jelly - Don't know, never heard of it but you get jelly here.

I think you need to look into your business idea further, there are numerous British food shops here in Perth and I don't think they do too well, one folded recently in my local shopping centre.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 4:01 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Toontje
How are you dealing with that in Holland? Can you get british foodstuff here?
a bit late reply, but been busy.

I am in the lucky postion of having regular clients in England that I ship to daily (3-4 trucks), and all I need to do is make a quick phone call, and 2 days later my PG tips, Red leicester, Bisto, salt & vinegar crisps & hot and spicy pickled onions turn up with the truck on its return

All I send in return is loads of stroopwafels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.