Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online Eligibility Tests...HELP!!!

Online Eligibility Tests...HELP!!!

Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:38 am
Has
Forum Regular

Has is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online Eligibility Tests...HELP!!!

Please can someone help? I filled out several online forms, some came back negative (skilled worker visa), but one said that I satisfy the basic criteria as laid down by some immigration bigwig.

Is this normal, or is it just an agency trying to get money off me, without me having a realisitic chance of success. The company in question is visa bureau. Anyone had dealings with them?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Eligibility Tests...HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Has
Please can someone help? I filled out several online forms, some came back negative (skilled worker visa), but one said that I satisfy the basic criteria as laid down by some immigration bigwig.

Is this normal, or is it just an agency trying to get money off me, without me having a realisitic chance of success. The company in question is visa bureau. Anyone had dealings with them?
Do a search on this site of Visa Bureau. I'm sure you will find a wealth of information about them.
Your best bet is to go to the DIMA website www.immi.gov.au and read over all the information you can on skilled migration. You can download booklet 6 and try filling in the points test on the application to see what numbers YOU get. As for the online tests, we also didn't score enough points on most of the ones we did, but ended up with 130 points when we did our own. Long story short, visa took 5 months, we've been in Adelaide nearly 6 months.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Dont use an agent who isnt registered. Best recommendations are off this site. Do a search. In the immigration forum too.

If you give us more details about yourself we could better tell wether or not you have enough points.

Jo
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:13 am
Has
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joho
Dont use an agent who isnt registered. Best recommendations are off this site. Do a search. In the immigration forum too.

If you give us more details about yourself we could better tell wether or not you have enough points.

Jo
OK...Im 26, work in invesment banking in London. It's not in demand as I see on the immsi website. I have a bachelors, Masters degree from the UK. I've been in employment in this industry for the past 4 years.

It's a shame that you dont get points for all Aussie community languages, as I speak 4 of them, but there's nothing I can do. My fiance is an Aussie, but as we are apart, we cant produce any joint bills,etc. I dont want a marriage visa, as it would take time, plus I want to get there on my OWN merits, if I have any. I'd have some AUD 25k to get me set up with rent, etc.

I spoke to a couple of firms in Perth, who told me that with my experience (lucky, as I have a giant of investment banking on my CV) I should be able to get a decent job. I spoke to an agency who told me that an employer could sponsor me, or the agency could. They would "rent me out" (funny, I know) to an employer and once they recoup visa fees, they'd let me join the employer permanently)

Im looking to move next February, so need advice on when to start the process.

What do you think, do I stand a chance?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Has
OK...Im 26, work in invesment banking in London. It's not in demand as I see on the immsi website. I have a bachelors, Masters degree from the UK. I've been in employment in this industry for the past 4 years.

It's a shame that you dont get points for all Aussie community languages, as I speak 4 of them, but there's nothing I can do. My fiance is an Aussie, but as we are apart, we cant produce any joint bills,etc. I dont want a marriage visa, as it would take time, plus I want to get there on my OWN merits, if I have any. I'd have some AUD 25k to get me set up with rent, etc.

I spoke to a couple of firms in Perth, who told me that with my experience (lucky, as I have a giant of investment banking on my CV) I should be able to get a decent job. I spoke to an agency who told me that an employer could sponsor me, or the agency could. They would "rent me out" (funny, I know) to an employer and once they recoup visa fees, they'd let me join the employer permanently)

Hhhhmmmm. If your fiance is an Aussie you could go on a working holiday visa for a year and in that time live with her and apply for a defacto at the end. Check this out but I think this would be your easier option at the moment. But if your occupation is 60 points you would have enough points to do an independant visa without the need of bonus points. Go to the immigration website and look up the occupation list to see if one matches your job and how many points it is.

I really wouldnt use an agent to rent you out as they could hold you over a barrel. Do it on your own.

here is a link to the occupation list.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Jo

Last edited by joho; Jan 29th 2007 at 9:33 am. Reason: add a link
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:30 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Has

Whats your degree in?
Also getting a business to sponser you on a 457 is a very good way in if you are any good but its only temporary unless they are willing to give you permanent.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:31 am
Has
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joho
Hhhhmmmm. If your fiance is an Aussie you could go on a working holiday visa for a year and in that time live with her and apply for a defacto at the end. Check this out but I think this would be your easier option at the moment. But if your occupation is 60 points you would have enough points to do an independant visa without the need of bonus points. Go to the immigration website and look up the occupation list to see if one matches your job and how many points it is.

Jo
Thanks Jo, but my occupation scores 50 points, no more than that.

I'll see what I can do, but working holdiay visa seems like the most sensible option.I can apply for a proper working visa when I'm there.

Cheers for all your help
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:33 am
Has
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mark213
Whats your degree in?
Also getting a business to sponser you on a 457 is a very good way in if you are any good but its only temporary unless they are willing to give you permanent.
Oh, my degree isnt relevant to my work, its an MSc but not related to what I do. I think that my employer's reference, and what I do is my trump card.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:36 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Has
Oh, my degree isnt relevant to my work, its an MSc but not related to what I do. I think that my employer's reference, and what I do is my trump card.
It doesnt need to be relevant. You can be skilled in say engineering and work in business. Thats what i did for 60pts.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:38 am
Has
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mark213
It doesnt need to be relevant. You can be skilled in say engineering and work in business. Thats what i did for 60pts.

You did that, which was great, but my MSc is in International Relatons, which doesn't really have the same weight.

Do you mind me asking you what you do?

God, London is so miserable this morning. To think I was on a beach in Mandurah 2 weeks ago!!!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:06 am
Back to WA! Yay!

Originally Posted by Has
You did that, which was great, but my MSc is in International Relatons, which doesn't really have the same weight.

Do you mind me asking you what you do?

God, London is so miserable this morning. To think I was on a beach in Mandurah 2 weeks ago!!!
Ah I see what you mean now. I am in bidding operations but was an engineer by qualification. You'll probably only manage 50pts as you said abovem as "business" skills arent as highly valued by IMMI. Some dont realize that you can work the skills qualification. I was under the impression as its what i do now - not what you are qualified in!

Just to make you jealous... i'm leaving for Perth for good on Thursday!

Good luck with your visa hopes.

Mark
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I used visa bureau, they were excellent.

Get them to give you a call to talk about it. I was on the phone to them for over 2 hours before we applied
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:50 am
Has
Forum Regular

Thanks Wendy, I hope they know sth that other agencies don't, as I'm sure that they're the only one who think that I'm eligible.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Has
Thanks Wendy, I hope they know sth that other agencies don't, as I'm sure that they're the only one who think that I'm eligible.

When I filled in the online test way back in 2004 we weren't eligible and their site said so. The computer system must have picked something up, although I don't know what??

Honestly, let them ring you and see what they say, they are good and if they see a way they'll tell you. I spoke to a lovely guy called Richard.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:02 pm
Has
Forum Regular

I'm waiting for them to contact me, so I'll wait and see.

I see that I get 100 points, which isnt anywhere near enough but they reckon I qualify, however that works.

Thanks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.