Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online citizenship application

Online citizenship application

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:32 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online citizenship application

Has anyone had any experience of filling out an online citizenship application but saving it rather than submitting it and finding out it's been deleted when you try to resume?

I've now done 3 applications of which all have been scrubbed after supposedly being saved. It was less than 10 hours each time before I attempted to resume them. They seemed to resume immediately after saving them but it seems that DIAC do not fully understand the concept of 'save'?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:15 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online citizenship application

I can't even do an online citizenship application - as I get an error message saying I cannot apply as they cannot verify that I have PR.

Paper application for me!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:17 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Has anyone had any experience of filling out an online citizenship application but saving it rather than submitting it and finding out it's been deleted when you try to resume?

I've now done 3 applications of which all have been scrubbed after supposedly being saved. It was less than 10 hours each time before I attempted to resume them. They seemed to resume immediately after saving them but it seems that DIAC do not fully understand the concept of 'save'?
I dont even know where the forms are? If you've got the link I'll test it out for you We're eligible at the end of this month.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:23 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I started the online thing but had a question and rang up the Dandenong Office. The lady on the phone booked me in for an appointment and said I didn't have to bother with the online application and just bring along everything required.

Went along with everything they required (and anything else they might want to see) and 4 months later we were citizens

Not sure if I was just lucky

Although it's fair to say that I'm generally a lucky person.