Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing footballing adventures Of Mr Madsad

The Ongoing footballing adventures Of Mr Madsad

Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:48 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Ongoing footballing adventures Of Mr Madsad

So To Friday night.....another friendly (it was'nt) against a team by the name of the Roosters.

They are an open team (all ages) we are an over 35's. They only arrived with 10 and one of our subs played for them to make up the numbers.

They have two little Sri Lankan guys playing in the midfield who i am convinced are distant relatives of Carl Lewis (stunningly quick), after about 15 Minutes of chasing these two about the midfield i am again blowing out my a*se & sweating profusely!! we held our own in the first half with a 2-1 to them scoreline.

In the second half i set up a quick equaliser 2-2 Hurrah!! and it's game on.......15 Mins later it's 5-2 to them an we are fighting a slightly uphill battle

Anyway.... waiting on a goal kick to be taken and i find myself standing beside one of the Sri Lankan speed merchants, he looks at me and the following conversation takes place

Him: Hey chubby next time i get the ball why dont i run away and you can chase me again!!

Me: yeah we could do that, or i could break your leg off, shove it up your a*se and then we will see how fast you are?

Him: And the chances of you catching me to break my leg off?

Me: stunned silence.

I then went off for a small breather to come back on and in a 50-50 tackle with the guy from our team who had volunteered to play for them, i severely twist my ankle and limp off feeling sick.

FINAL SCORE 9-2

ANKLE STATUS: Like a small watermelon

Out for a fortnight.

Roll on the next game eh!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Ongoing footballing adventures Of Mr Madsad

Originally Posted by madsad
So To Friday night.....another friendly (it was'nt) against a team by the name of the Roosters.

They are an open team (all ages) we are an over 35's. They only arrived with 10 and one of our subs played for them to make up the numbers.

They have two little Sri Lankan guys playing in the midfield who i am convinced are distant relatives of Carl Lewis (stunningly quick), after about 15 Minutes of chasing these two about the midfield i am again blowing out my a*se & sweating profusely!! we held our own in the first half with a 2-1 to them scoreline.

In the second half i set up a quick equaliser 2-2 Hurrah!! and it's game on.......15 Mins later it's 5-2 to them an we are fighting a slightly uphill battle

Anyway.... waiting on a goal kick to be taken and i find myself standing beside one of the Sri Lankan speed merchants, he looks at me and the following conversation takes place

Him: Hey chubby next time i get the ball why dont i run away and you can chase me again!!

Me: yeah we could do that, or i could break your leg off, shove it up your a*se and then we will see how fast you are?

Him: And the chances of you catching me to break my leg off?

Me: stunned silence.

I then went off for a small breather to come back on and in a 50-50 tackle with the guy from our team who had volunteered to play for them, i severely twist my ankle and limp off feeling sick.

FINAL SCORE 9-2

ANKLE STATUS: Like a small watermelon

Out for a fortnight.

awe wee shame fir ye Malc

canny wait for next game lol
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:46 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Love these football conversation posts Madsad.... you should keep a scrapbook of them.... they`re priceless
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:02 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
Love these football conversation posts Madsad.... you should keep a scrapbook of them.... they`re priceless
cheers Stormz!! it's a good laugh and the wife & kids come along too so it's a family affair, also the lads i play with are a real decent bunch. will keep you updated as we go!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Nice one Malcom, hope the ankle gets better soon!!

Bill
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:55 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Nice one Malcom, hope the ankle gets better soon!!

Bill
Ditto the above .... keep the posts coming Malc, great entertainment ...
Oh and get some ice on that ankle :scared:
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:21 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Out for a fortnight.

so therees a good chance your team will win this week now
what a magic answer the wee man gave ya, still pissin massel here
as for the ankle, dont worry about it too much, its still no as big as yir heed
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by soapy
so therees a good chance your team will win this week now
what a magic answer the wee man gave ya, still pissin massel here
as for the ankle, dont worry about it too much, its still no as big as yir heed
your level of sarcasm never fails to astonish me!!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:11 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Too fricken funny
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Siren
Too fricken funny

not at the time it was'nt!! the fruit & water diet has started!!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

your level of sarcasm never fails to astonish me!!
nae bother, im always here fur your ego
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
nae bother, im always here fur your ego
ego! that *****ed off after week one mate!! it's all about survival now!!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

ego! that *****ed off after week one mate!! it's all about survival now!!
maybe u should go in goals then, with the size of that ankle. no one gonna get the bal past ya
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:34 pm
Badge

Can't wait to get to 35...I'll be able to turn out for veteran's teams!!!

Happy Days...

Badge

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:15 am
Cut on the dotted line...

Location: In the midst of Melb, right a little, down a little
gadgetMan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Badge
Can't wait to get to 35...I'll be able to turn out for veteran's teams!!!

Happy Days...

Badge
I played my first vets game last Sunday over here in Melb... Being unfit and out of pratice I played like a pregnant hippo.. However looking at the rest of the guys in the team I felt part of the herd..

Overall the game (against the clubs 3rd team) was played in the right spirit - and the 20mins quarters with drink breaks and roll-on roll-off (Substitutions, not a sexual postion LOL) is great..

Cant wait to the next game, cardiac here I come..

cheerio