Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One year visa for family

Wikiposts

One year visa for family

Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: One year visa for family

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Tara I am so pleased for you.

With your mum recovered from cancer, this will be a life injection for her.

What will happen at the end of the year? Will she apply again?

Anyway, take each day as it comes, make each day count and relish in the fact that you are going to share some fantastic moments with your mum in Australia and hopefully she can get another visa.

Tell your mum that Sam said she is one incredible lady. I know that because my mum is also amazing and we are lucky to have her after a scare in March.

Love Sam
thanks Sam
Hope your mum is well
Tara
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Hi Tara

Congrats, that's great news

Can I ask what the conditions are of the visa? what you need to apply and who can apply etc?

Thanks
Tourist visa, subclass 676.
follow this link

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/applyNow.do?form=VSS

Very easy application and 10 days to get the answer, mums visa even allows multiple entry which is great. My nan might not last another year and mum was worried that she would forfeit her year if she needed to return to the UK for a funeral

This is the content of the visa

This is to advise that you have been granted a Tourist visa, subclass 676.

This letter contains important information about your visa validity and conditions. If you are travelling to Australia with members of your immediate family who also applied over the Internet, they also must have received a letter advising them of a visa grant.

VISA INFORMATION

As this visa is granted electronically, you will not have a visa label placed in your passport. Your visa and passport details are electronically recorded on the Australian Entry System for visitors. When you arrive at an airport to check-in on a flight to Australia, the airline check-in staff can electronically confirm that you have authority to board the flight to Australia.

Your visa validity:
Your visa is valid for travel to Australia from: date to date.
Period of authorised stay: 12 Months
Number of entries: Multiple

Multiple Entry (which means that you can leave Australia and enter again on multiple occasions before the expiry of your visa).

Please note that in some circumstances the visa validity and stay period of the visa grant will differ from that requested by the visa applicant. The visa validity and stay period are determined at the time of decision and cannot be amended once the visa has been granted. It is important that you comply with the period of stay, visa validity and visa conditions that apply to your visa.

Your visa conditions:
Your visa has been granted subject to the following conditions.

NO WORK - 8101

You must not engage in work in Australia. "Work" means an activity that, in Australia, normally attracts remuneration.

MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY - 8201

While in Australia you must not engage in any studies or training for more than 3 months.

X-RAY IF INTEND TO STUDY - 8205

If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you must, before commencing that study, pass a chest X-ray examination carried out by a medical practitioner who is qualified as a radiologist.

NO FURTHER STAY - 8503

You will not be entitled to be granted a substantive visa other than a Protection visa, while you remain in Australia.

It is very important that you understand and abide by your visa validity and conditions. If you do not abide by your visa validity and conditions, your visa may be cancelled and you may be subject to other penalties. .
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brisnick
isn't everyone entitled to a 1 year multiple entry tourist visa??
I don't think so. You are questioned on how much money you have to support yourself and I believe you have to indicate a reason for returning to the UK ie owning a home etc

I really do not know for sure

There is also a stiplulation on one visa that it does not allow multiple entry
Tara
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickyc
I always thought so!

I believe you have to have a reason for wanting 12 months (rather than the standard six months which you get on an ordinary ETA) and you can't get them online - but otherwise they are quite common and straightforward.
we did our online but it took about 2 hours! We had to put in names, addresses, telephone numbers, dob and other personal stuff for the whole family who currently reside in Australia. This was our evidence of needing 12 months rather than 3 or 6.

the link to eservice is confusing to find. You can easily be taken to another eservice that will not let you apply for the 12 month visa. Accurate link is above.
Tara
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
we did our online but it took about 2 hours! We had to put in names, addresses, telephone numbers, dob and other personal stuff for the whole family who currently reside in Australia. This was our evidence of needing 12 months rather than 3 or 6.

the link to eservice is confusing to find. You can easily be taken to another eservice that will not let you apply for the 12 month visa. Accurate link is above.
Tara
Oops!

Admittedly it's been a couple of years since I checked it out. I always believed that you could only get the 6 month visa online and had to send off paper forms for longer ones. Maybe I didn't look hard enough
Old Oct 13th 2005, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickyc
Oops!

Maybe I didn't look hard enough
The link is REALLY difficult to find. I just went back to find it to post on BE and it took me ages the second time too!

I think it is an immigration ploy!