Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One year in Brisbane!!!!

One year in Brisbane!!!!

Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year in Brisbane!!!!

Blimey, slow down, you don't have to fit it all in the one year you know. Congrats on all of it. Have a great wedding
Old Sep 13th 2005, 6:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey...can't wait to hear about your next 12 months!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and long may the fun continue!

J
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:07 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

A new life in so much more than one way - I wish you continue to have such great happiness and joy
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Great post Wanderlust. Truly inspiring. I believe that it is just that type of lifestyle that many of the BE members are looking for. Right guys and gals??? Congratulations on the engagement too. He is a lucky man!! Is he an Ozzie???? Love Trev xx
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Its looking like its going to be in May 2006. Location - tropical gardens.

W.
So glad you are loving it, we neeeed to hear this every day!

All the best to you Wanderlust xxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

nadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nice

And what a year it was!!! Sept 10th 2004 I landed in this fair city on my own to start my new life.

Having left behind a divorce, 2 years of house sharing with a mate, great friends and good job in London, I started here with a bit of money in my hands and a brother who was willing to put me up till I found my feet.

In the last 12 months I have accomplished the following (in this order)...
Bought a car (Rav 4)
Got a job (earning just about the same as I was in the UK)
Started to train as a PADI divemaster
Made new friends
Met a man who was my ideal bloke
Took my Rav 4 4-wheel driving (yes it can do it!)
Bought a house of my own(semi-detached townhouse)
Visited the Whitsunday Islands
Learned to body board & took surfing lessons (badly!)
Bought a motorbike & joined a club
Had to go home to the UK for a funeral
Visited Sydney for a long weekend
Went skydiving out of a helicopter
Learned to rock climb
Took up the sport of adventure racing - Hells Bells - 24hrs, 100km
Had a long weekend in Melbourne
Got engaged to my ideal man!!!

And those are all the major events that I can think of. Dozens of smaller adventures in between have made these last 12 months truly a year to remember. And the best thing of all is it doesnt look like things are going to change.
My life here is honestly more interesting and full of adventure than I ever imagined it would be.
I honestly believe that moving to Australia was the best thing I could ever have done for myself, and it was truly worth the agonising wait to get my visa.

To all of you out there who are waiting to get over here - hang in there... its worth the wait!

Cheers!!

W.
You are a crazy and fantastic example to us all. If I get to do half those things it will make it worth making the trip down under. Hope you have many more years of fun in the sun!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:55 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and good wishes.

I'd like to add that this website has been a good help too. On the days that I felt crap or homesick, or the days I just had something to share and nobody to tell - I'd log on here and get relief. Folks have always been very supportive and its always good to read that other people have gone through the same feelings and come out ok on the other side.

Here's to British Expats and all who log in here!! Long may it continue!

Cheers!!!

W.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:07 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and good wishes.

I'd like to add that this website has been a good help too. On the days that I felt crap or homesick, or the days I just had something to share and nobody to tell - I'd log on here and get relief. Folks have always been very supportive and its always good to read that other people have gone through the same feelings and come out ok on the other side.

Here's to British Expats and all who log in here!! Long may it continue!

Cheers!!!

W.
No worries. Cheers to you too <---- VB mmmm
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Aussie Ant is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: One year in Brisbane!!!!

Fantastic, Wanderlust.........you've come along way (from Cheshire)

This is what migrating to Oz is all about, making the most of life, adopting the right attitude and grasping the nettle.

Congrats on the engagement and good luck for the future. He really is a v.lucky man (& I'm envious)