Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Way Travel Insurance

One Way Travel Insurance

Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Way Travel Insurance

Hi Folks,

has anyone got the number of a travel insurance company who will insure for just the 1day?? I have just rung around and am having to pay for 5days minimum which is void as soon as we land on oz soil anyway as its for emigrating purposes, therefore the other 4days are no use!!

Also found out that if not returning to the UK within 90days then the policy would be void if anything was to happen as the ticket is one way and not a return one.

Cheers
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:28 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: One Way Travel Insurance

We never booked any travel insurance when we came out here never even gave it a thought lol we booked flights on the friday and flew on the following Wednesday.

posh
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:30 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hi Folks,

has anyone got the number of a travel insurance company who will insure for just the 1day?? I have just rung around and am having to pay for 5days minimum which is void as soon as we land on oz soil anyway as its for emigrating purposes, therefore the other 4days are no use!!

Also found out that if not returning to the UK within 90days then the policy would be void if anything was to happen as the ticket is one way and not a return one.

Cheers
Have the same query as you cath so will watch this with interest. Hopefully somone will be able to advise.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
We never booked any travel insurance when we came out here never even gave it a thought lol we booked flights on the friday and flew on the following Wednesday.

posh
Not taking the chance PR.

No problems CC. x
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not taking the chance PR.

No problems CC. x
Think have found one.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19300208

move it down half way down the page fill it in, for up to 3 days came in at £26... just rung them now and its sounds like what we are after.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:56 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Don't blame you as i say we never gave it a 2nd thought we had, had our house on the market since march 2005 and it didn't sell until august and then because of all the hassle with the purchaser we didn't complete the sale till january 2006 as i say we exchanged on the friday booked our flight and flew out on the following wednesday. I think we just couldn't wait to get out here thought it was never going to happen.

posh
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Cheers
Walkabout cath ? I think the first 30 days are covered ?

Dave
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Me and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mindblower
Walkabout cath ? I think the first 30 days are covered ?

Dave
Hi Dave, tis another Oldhamer 'ere! We are livin in Chadderton for next 3 weeks then fly out to Perth on 27th June!!!

Anyhoo, we booked our flights through Austravel a few weeks ago and they sold me insurance for the one way flight for the bargain price of £120 (for a family of 5) luckily I cancelled it within the 14 days cooling off period and told them it was daylight robbery to which they never argued!
So I will be trying the post office (tho not tomorrow eh coz its flea market in Oldham!) LOL

Sara
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:51 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

Think have found one.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19300208

move it down half way down the page fill it in, for up to 3 days came in at £26... just rung them now and its sounds like what we are after.
Oh that sounds braw Cath - will check that out ourselves. Cheers for that. (Had to laugh - I've often asked a question too only to find myself answering it and then it helping others!!!)
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

mottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nicemottram is just really nice

we had a quote from insurefor.com (got the quote by phone) - they were really helpful and emailed the quote straight to me. It was a 3 day policy to Australia, that would cover us from the moment we left home and would stop the moment we picked up our bags up in Australia. Standard cover was £32.37 Hope this helps Liza
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:56 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I used Atlas travel quite cheap but cover ends once you've gone through immigration
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Me and my Boys
Hi Dave, tis another Oldhamer 'ere! We are livin in Chadderton for next 3 weeks then fly out to Perth on 27th June!!!

Anyhoo, we booked our flights through Austravel a few weeks ago and they sold me insurance for the one way flight for the bargain price of £120 (for a family of 5) luckily I cancelled it within the 14 days cooling off period and told them it was daylight robbery to which they never argued!
So I will be trying the post office (tho not tomorrow eh coz its flea market in Oldham!) LOL

Sara
Lol Sara ....keep us updated re Perth on the other side...good luck...Where u stayin?

Dave
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that Cath, another thing crossed off my list!.....only 4 days to take off, see you over there soon!

Melx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:31 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

We used Go Walkabout. Cost more but it meant that our laptop etc was covered for the first couple of weeks here until we could get other insurance sorted....

Lou
xx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Munchmel
Thanks for that Cath, another thing crossed off my list!.....only 4 days to take off, see you over there soon!

Melx
Mel - see you over there love.

We have booked with the post office. It was £26 and we have cover up to 3days. We could have had extended insurance to cover the laptop, but not too mithered about that.

Wannabeaussienurse - that was something I didnt want but the majority of insurance covers finish as soon as we hit oz soil. Something we asked with Royal Mail, but it doesnt apply.

Anyone working for Royal Mail - dont forget you get discount on the £26 too and it becomes £22!!

Cheers everyone for your input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.