Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One way travel insurance

One way travel insurance

Old May 8th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice
Default One way travel insurance

Hi everyone,

I am sure I have seen it on here in the past, but does anyone have any idea's where to go to get one way ins when emigrating? Usual sources of insurance don't seem to cover this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carol
Old May 8th 2007, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: One way travel insurance

Originally Posted by cartel
Hi everyone,

I am sure I have seen it on here in the past, but does anyone have any idea's where to go to get one way ins when emigrating? Usual sources of insurance don't seem to cover this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carol
Hiya
We used gowalkabout insurance.
It also covered us for 2 weeks after we arrived in Australia.
Sue
Old May 9th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bevs
Hiya
We used gowalkabout insurance.
It also covered us for 2 weeks after we arrived in Australia.
Sue
Hi we used the post office and we had a 1 week stop over in Sigapore
Janet
Old May 9th 2007, 6:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure that when you are checking the few companies out that do one way, that you are covered for a couple of weeks after you arrive. Some stop the second you pass through passport control.

Go Walkabout and the Post Office are good and I think there is another one but I can't for the life of me remember who they are - how helpful am I
Old May 9th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

We have used Go Travel insurance - www.gotravelinsurance.co.uk - cheap, covers good and they cover one way. We had a hard time finding insurance as we are traveliing for 8 weeks on the way. This cover stops on the day we land in Australia.

Don't confuse them with Insure & Go - they are TERRIBLE. We had to sort a claim out for Emma's sister when she got malaria in Africa, it was nothing but hassle, not helpful at all whilst she was in an African hospital and then took almost two years to finally get a settlement from them! I have heard nothing but bad reports about them.
Old May 10th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Thanks guys for your advice.

Gowalkabout only deals with American/Canadian citizens.

Does anyone know whether our own Post Office covers you for a couple of weeks after you have arrived?

Thanks Carol
Old May 11th 2007, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cartel
Thanks guys for your advice.

Gowalkabout only deals with American/Canadian citizens.

Does anyone know whether our own Post Office covers you for a couple of weeks after you have arrived?

Thanks Carol
Hiya
We used go walkabout and we are uk citizens.
I just googled them and their site says you need to be uk citizens to be insured by them.
Sue