Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Way Travel Insurance

One Way Travel Insurance

Old Aug 14th 2003, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One Way Travel Insurance

WE ARE GOING TO BRISBANE NEXT MONTH (HOUSE SALE PERMITTING) VIA LA TO GO TO DISNEYLAND

NEED SOME ONE WAY TRAVEL INSURANCE TO COVER US FOR OUR JOURNEY AND THE FIRST FEW DAYS IN AUSTRALIA TILL WE GET OURSELVES SORTED OUT

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE WITH GOOD REPORTS

MANY THANKS
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:09 pm
rwb
Just Joined

rwb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We signed up with Churchills. Seemed the cheapest of the lot, for a 10 day on way insurance, family of 5, payed just 56£ and the cover was more or less what others offered. We processed all this through the web and within 3 days got all the papers in.

Robert
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey101 is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS FOR YOUR INFORMATION - I DIDN'T PHONE THE BRITISH INSURURES AS I DIDN'T THINK THEY COVERED IT. HOWEVER HAVE POLICY WITH DIRECT LINE WILL PHONE TOMORROW OTHERWISE WILL TRY CHURCHILLS

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tracey
THANKS FOR YOUR INFORMATION - I DIDN'T PHONE THE BRITISH INSURURES AS I DIDN'T THINK THEY COVERED IT. HOWEVER HAVE POLICY WITH DIRECT LINE WILL PHONE TOMORROW OTHERWISE WILL TRY CHURCHILLS

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
I know that this is not exactly the same, but the principle of checking the small print is. We took out travel insurance with TrailFinders. Seemed sensible at the time and less hassle. Like everyone, we hoped we wouldn't need it, but less than a week into a month holiday, Jayne was taken into hospital in Dunedin for 3 nights. Big damper and a halt on the holiday. Then we got back, and yes I agree money isn't everything, but we found that the generous payment for this mishap was £15 a night. The post office insurance was paying £100 a night and is cheaper. Moral, shop around and check the small print.
LMS
Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Leading edge (under 40 yrs) and their other co. Worldwide (over 40 years) cover you for 48 hours after arrival on one-way trips. Most of the others cease on arrival at immigration for one-ways. Not much use if your bags get nicked on the way out of the airport! Check the fine print really carefully. "Which" best buys too.

www.leadingedge.co.uk

Once you've arrived you can get contents insurance immediately over the phone even in temp accom so just ring around. Take proof of no claims from your insurer here.

Good luck!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:34 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by Jolyn
Leading edge (under 40 yrs) and their other co. Worldwide (over 40 years) cover you for 48 hours after arrival on one-way trips. Most of the others cease on arrival at immigration for one-ways. Not much use if your bags get nicked on the way out of the airport! Check the fine print really carefully. "Which" best buys too.

www.leadingedge.co.uk

Once you've arrived you can get contents insurance immediately over the phone even in temp accom so just ring around. Take proof of no claims from your insurer here.

Good luck!

Hi tried this site but as I don't want to become an insurance Manager or etc it did not seem to be much use did I get the web site right?????? Only one page available and no further offers
Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Think it should be www.leadedge.co.uk.

Good site. Have added it to my links page. Just £22 for an adult for a 3-day worldwide one way but I see they only cover up to age 44! Make me feel old as I've not long to go to 44...

Ben

Last edited by Ben.M; Aug 15th 2003 at 9:48 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Ben - for the right link. Oops.

Leading Edge have a sister company called Worldwide - www.worldwideinsure.com which deals with over 40s for similar prices - also listed as a Which best buy.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the Worldwideinsure link Jolyn although they don't appear to cover one-way trips. Luckily I still have a couple of years to before Leading Edge cast me aside...

Ben
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Ben.M
Thanks for the Worldwideinsure link Jolyn although they don't appear to cover one-way trips. Luckily I still have a couple of years to before Leading Edge cast me aside...

Ben
I have a couple of years yet too. Worldwide do cover one way trips though. If you click on 'single trip' and then 'fine print' it's towards the end under 'Period of insurance'. Same fine print as Leading Edge from what I could see.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One way Insurance

Be careful with the insurance policy -Churchills dont appear to cover you if you are not returning to UK.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Default Specefic emigration insurance?

Hi,

Been looking at some general travel policies, but am not sure whether they would pay up should they learn that we are emigrating. Are there any policies out there that deal specifically with emigrants like us?

Piers
Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

HSBC do one way insurance that will last for 17 days after you arrive at your final destination. We've gone with Patrick Leigh Insurance who cover us for 31 days after we arrive.

A word of warning when looking for one way insurance. A lot of insurers say they do one way policies but when you delve deeper they stop at immigration.

Claire
Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Default I see

Thanks Claire. Will give Patrick Leigh Insurance a ring tomorrow.

Piers
Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:14 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I see

Originally posted by piers_morgan
Thanks Claire. Will give Patrick Leigh Insurance a ring tomorrow.

Piers
What about you own home policy that you currently have?

When we talked to ours they covered us and bags up to the moment we put the key in the door. This was on the normal overseas 1 year policy we had. Next day we went to NRMA and covered ourselves for our short term let, adding the laptap we bought and camara. A bit of a bother to arrange insurance the day after you arrive, but gets over expensive one way? Check it out?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.