Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One-way flights? Best Deal?

One-way flights? Best Deal?

Old May 3rd 2005, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default One-way flights? Best Deal?

I am looking for a good price on one-way flights to Australia for the end of October to beginning of November 2005.
Does anyone know if particular airlines do migration or one-way specials? Or is it just a case of searching through all the airlines for the best price? And also which airline gives you the best luggage allowances?

Thanks in advance for any information and sdvice.
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:55 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: One-way flights? Best Deal?

Originally Posted by Goodwin
I am looking for a good price on one-way flights to Australia for the end of October to beginning of November 2005.
Does anyone know if particular airlines do migration or one-way specials? Or is it just a case of searching through all the airlines for the best price? And also which airline gives you the best luggage allowances?

Singapore Airlines are very good and there airfaire rates are pretty good from what investigations I have done.

1 way to Brisbane from Heatrow for 3 adults and 1 child = £1700 and that includes double baggage wait allowance if your on a one way flight with PR.

Checkout www.singaporeair.com
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elksa
Singapore Airlines are very good and there airfaire rates are pretty good from what investigations I have done.

1 way to Brisbane from Heatrow for 3 adults and 1 child = £1700 and that includes double baggage wait allowance if your on a one way flight with PR.

Thanks.
Sorry I forgot to say that the flight I need is to Sydney!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:19 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Thanks.
Sorry I forgot to say that the flight I need is to Sydney!!!
They fly to Sydney as well as Brisbane. Simply click the link enter your flight details and it will give you a price. Simple as.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to add my own praise for Singapore Airlines. They had the best price I could find for September/October last year, when I flew over for a job interview.

We then booked them one-way to Perth when we moved in January. The service is great, the food is very good, I couldn't beat their prices with anyone else, and I can only speak well of the airline.

You might want to look at booking with someone like Expedia as you can obtain slightly cheaper prices than you get from the airline direct.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elksa

Just make sure you have proof of your PR status. Do a search on this forum about Singapore Airlines as there seems to be some inconsistency about luiggage allowance.

Another option to consider is Qantas. I am only saying this because you can join there frequent flyer programme for free if you reside outside OZ. Fly to OZ with them... get lot of miles.... then change address once in OZ. To join it in OZ cost $$$ Given the likelyhood of one travelling by air in OZ, I think it worth joining for free and have in fact done so!!

Good luck with your flight
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry too much about your luggage allowance with Singapore airlines as they will probably lose it anyway

They've managed to lose ours twice and were not too bothered about finding it again

Fly malaysian and get more legroom.

G
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by longreach
Just make sure you have proof of your PR status. Do a search on this forum about Singapore Airlines as there seems to be some inconsistency about luiggage allowance.

Another option to consider is Qantas. I am only saying this because you can join there frequent flyer programme for free if you reside outside OZ. Fly to OZ with them... get lot of miles.... then change address once in OZ. To join it in OZ cost $$$ Given the likelyhood of one travelling by air in OZ, I think it worth joining for free and have in fact done so!!

Good luck with your flight
Thanks for the advice
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

The best deal by far is through IOM. As a migrant you are eligable for reduced airfare and double the baggage allowance regardless.

We're getting about £1000 for two adults, one child and one infant with BA; Oslo (Norway) to Melbourne. One-way flight.

/Jørgen
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

We're flying with Air NZ in June from Heathrow to Brisbane for £400 each incl tax. You get 64kg luggage as you fly via the USA. See if they can put you on a Virgin flight (who are partners with Air nz) for the 1st leg though - Virgin have seat-back tellies and Air NZ don't!

Pop into Flight Centre - we did that - they are very knowledgeable about this type of thing and will tell you all the airlines and their migrant fares and baggage rules.

It is also worth phoning the airlines direct. When I did this they all quoted prices cheaper than expedia, travelbag and all of the high st travel agents.