Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Post Wonders (OK, maybe two)

One Post Wonders (OK, maybe two)

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:36 pm
BLC

Question One Post Wonders (OK, maybe two)

Can I ask why is it when we have a more "controversal" thread that we get an influx of new posters who post a few times then we never see again? Usually something to flare up an arguement

Is it me or is it most bizarre behaviour

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:15 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Post Wonders (OK, maybe two)

Originally Posted by BLC
Can I ask why is it when we have a more "controversal" thread that we get an influx of new posters who post a few times then we never see again? Usually something to flare up an arguement

I've picked up on that as well, some newbie posters with only a few posts seem to infiltrate the 'controversal' threads - maybe they are trolls
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:19 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does seem to be happening a lot lately - makes me wonder if people have multiple identities (or maybe it`s split personalities).
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:21 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Yes it does seem to be happening a lot lately - makes me wonder if people have multiple identities (or maybe it`s split personalities).
Good cop, bad cop

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:23 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLC
Good cop, bad cop
Ooh Ooh can I be the bad cop pleeeeease!! It`s amazing what I can do with a truncheon
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:23 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Ooh Ooh can I be the bad cop pleeeeease!! It`s amazing what I can do with a truncheon
Oooo errrr missus

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:24 pm
covonia

Originally Posted by BLC

I have to say I think you're taking utter rubbish!
:scared:

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:24 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, me handcuffs are never there when I need 'em!!!

D D
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:25 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
I've picked up on that as well, some newbie posters with only a few posts seem to infiltrate the 'controversal' threads - maybe they are trolls
The funny thing is many of the more genuine newbies do post an intro or ask the usual questions, I remember I was terrifed to post anything other than safe when I first started out

These new ones come in with all guns blazing

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:26 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by covonia
I have to say I think you're taking utter rubbish!
:scared:
See what we are up against

You just can't win!!!

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:26 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Damn, me handcuffs are never there when I need 'em!!!

D D
maybe geqrge has got the pink fluffy ones
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:29 pm
BLC

Oh bugger . . theory blown, one of the 23 August newbies as just posted 6 posts Almost into Long Service Leave!

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BLC
The funny thing is many of the more genuine newbies do post an intro or ask the usual questions, I remember I was terrifed to post anything other than safe when I first started out

These new ones come in with all guns blazing

Yes, but a lot of the genuine newbies get a bit disillusioned very quickly and give up!
I have to say i felt like this about a week ago. You make a thread or post thinking you are offering good information, or a balanced interesting point within a current debate and quite often the more "senior" members will totally ignore the newbies and carry on the debate with their "mates"
This hardly encourages new blood or input.

I am quite lucky in having a more gregarious and extrovert nature and tend to just wade in regardless, but, like a few other less forthright newbies i have spoken to via PM, you can feel like you are constantly battling to be heard.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:34 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
maybe geqrge has got the pink fluffy ones

D D
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:35 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Yes, but a lot of the genuine newbies get a bit disillusioned very quickly and give up!
I have to say i felt like this about a week ago. You make a thread or post thinking you are offering good information, or a balanced interesting point within a current debate and quite often the more "senior" members will totally ignore the newbies and carry on the debate with their "mates"
This hardly encourages new blood or input.

I am quite lucky in having a more gregarious and extrovert nature and tend to just wade in regardless, but, like a few other less forthright newbies i have spoken to via PM, you can feel like you are constantly battling to be heard.
That is an interesting point, the reactions I got and still get as a newbie are a lot different to when I had been an age old poster.

I have to say this has given me something to think about and I will make more of an effort to welcome the new ones and bring them in.

Cheers for that.

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.