Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the plumbers

One for the plumbers

Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Wendy will become famous soon enoughPaul & Wendy will become famous soon enough
Default One for the plumbers

Hi,
This might be a bit of an unusual request, but can anyone tell me if the tap fittings in Oz are the same as in the UK.
We are still in the UK whilst our house is being built in Adelaide and although we have managed to decide on most of our options, the builder is unable to source taps that we like, or at a cost that is fair. We can easily find taps here and post them over, but don't know if they will fit.
Does Oz use the same pipe sizes or tap fittings?
Thanks, Paul
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:08 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future
Default Re: One for the plumbers

Originally Posted by Paul & Wendy
Hi,
This might be a bit of an unusual request, but can anyone tell me if the tap fittings in Oz are the same as in the UK.
We are still in the UK whilst our house is being built in Adelaide and although we have managed to decide on most of our options, the builder is unable to source taps that we like, or at a cost that is fair. We can easily find taps here and post them over, but don't know if they will fit.
Does Oz use the same pipe sizes or tap fittings?
Thanks, Paul
If you get taps that take flexi pipes with 1/2 female irons you should be fine
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Wendy will become famous soon enoughPaul & Wendy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: One for the plumbers

Originally Posted by daveplumber
If you get taps that take flexi pipes with 1/2 female irons you should be fine
Thanks Dave for the info. I presume therefore that i need to buy a hose with 1/2" x 1/2" BSP female both ends. However, if I wish to fit mixer basin taps that come with flexi tails for 15mm fittings, I presume that I would need to link the tails with the taps via a short lengh of 15mm pipe to a flexi tap connector with 15mm compression for the joining pipe and 1/2" BSP female for the wall valve? On the basis that the wall valve is 1/2", is the thread the same as in the UK? Also, do they use 15 or 22mm in any of the internal plumbing (not sure whether to bring plumbing bits and pieces that I have accumulated over the years).
Thanks again, Paul