Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One piece of advice

One piece of advice

Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all
Default Re: One piece of advice

be truely prepared to walk out of the life you knew and accept it, and get on with enjoying yourself..

read my quote, its true.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
there is lots of tips and advice available on here, and lots of people have different opinions on each matter.

But if you could only offer ONE piece of advice to anyone who is due to arrive in Australia what would it be?

Lets not fight over what each person offers, just give your tip and move on
Lower your expectations - big time

Do Not set yourselves up for a fall......you are not going to get it all right in a short period of time (about two years anything less is honeymoon) nor has Aus got everything to offer in every respect - you and only you can make a difference.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra

Do Not set yourselves up for a fall......you are not going to get it all right in a short period of time (about two years anything less is honeymoon) nor has Aus got everything to offer in every respect - you and only you can make a difference.
Your right there Sandra, 2 years to get on your feet.
I think thats about right.
Denise
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cranni
Your right there Sandra, 2 years to get on your feet.
I think thats about right.
Denise

try to get theat career job if you need it before you come,
if you have mummy and daddy, or a husband or wife is made, you will love it,,as your arse is already wiped and your not burdened with the everday bullshiy.

2 years is right for the working class scum, as its all about about building up connections and links again, and its one hell of a party once you start.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

your quote is soooooo true

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
be truely prepared to walk out of the life you knew and accept it, and get on with enjoying yourself..

read my quote, its true.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

isnt it, yet i am confused by it all....................

weird you think,
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

depends how you read it i guess

but aint it fun finding those connections we ve never had such a social life
Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
isnt it, yet i am confused by it all....................

weird you think,
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra

my advice to myself...have no regrets..
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Life is for living so get on with it, no one will live it for you.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:49 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Life is for living so get on with it, no one will live it for you.
If moving to Victoria - dont eat yellow snow.

Sorry someone had to and it might as well have been me !!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Try to go out and make new friends when you first get out there once you settle down, it really helps in the long run, I have live aboard, and I wished somebody advice us, suddenly you feel so lonely if you havent made any friends you feel even lonelier.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:40 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Don't move to SE Queensland.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

pen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nice

Assume nothing! Then Enjoy, relax and embrace ... it is different and far away from everything you know, so get to know it!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

if you have even the slightest of accents (like me).... just accept that you may have to repeat certain words - time and time and time again!!!

i live in line street .... have had lion, lane, lime, lying.......

dearie me!!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:51 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YoSemite
if you have even the slightest of accents (like me).... just accept that you may have to repeat certain words - time and time and time again!!!

i live in line street .... have had lion, lane, lime, lying.......

dearie me!!!!!!
LOL i'm Scotish, Welsh, Irish anything but English and apparantly I can't say book, bus, bottle etc.

How's things with you, will have to arrange to meet, we are having meet down at Woody Point near Redclife on the 6th May at 2pm if you fancy coming ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.