One For Pb.

Old Mar 8th 2003, 8:14 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about
Default One For Pb.

PB
I was just wondering do you have a job because in 7 months you have posted an average of 8 threads per day.
You must come home from work and sit on your computer all evening.
If you got out and did a bit more maybe you would find Australia a little more intersting.
When do you find time to think all these negative thoughts.
My advice to you is get out and get some sun on your back because when you get to England your posts will more than double as there is not much else to do in England.
That is if no one steals your computer.
If all else fails when you go back you can always find a page with ozzie ex- pats to moan with.

This is my first ever critical thread on this site. I do belive that both sides should be heard but all you are is negative, so people are no longer taking you serious they are just laughing.
To be honest life is what you make it and i belive you make your own luck.

Debbie Jo
Old Mar 8th 2003, 8:36 am
Just Joined

levelheaded is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Debbie Jo, but i'm afraid he will pull your comments to pieces, and will give you all the excuses under the sun/clouds.

He actually works in IT so now you know how he gets the time instead of doing a days work.

'Life is what you make it'.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I work within the Health Service in good old UK, and there are days when I weep to see what some of the poor people have to put up with, and what they would give to have another day of life feeling well.

Then there are those on this forum that are so pathetic about the most petty of things.
I would like them to come and do my job for a month, they would then know what LIFE is about.

No doubt it will be pointed out to me that the Health Service is much worse over there, but then it will be easy for him to say that. Unfortunately I cannot go into that conversation due to privacy policies.
Old Mar 8th 2003, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

As I understand it PB is to return to the UK shortly.
You need to realise that there is a good reason for this. He is from a part of the UK that for obvious reasons is far better than most.

Its the multicultural centre of the East Midlands.
Cosmopolitan centre of the UK.(over 300,000 inhabitants, ethnic minorities 43%)
Often called the 'Big Potato' ( home of Walkers Crisps)
Twinned with Paradise.
Home to the rich and famous (Gary Liniker, Englebert Humperdink)
2 Synagogues.
40 Churches.
14 Mosks.
5 sikh temples.
1 Jain Temple.
17 Hindu Temples.

187 Public Houses (many a happy hour)

Yes you have guessed it 'Leicester'.

' No offence is meant to any persons either from Leicester or not'
Old Mar 8th 2003, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Leicester men are the 'healthiest in the Britain', according to today's papers! Mind you, one fat, lazy, boozing b@stard can easily bring the average down.

Leicester fellas healthiest

By DIANA BLAMIRES

BRITAIN'S healthiest men live in LEICESTER, it was revealed yesterday.

Soccer pundit Gary Lineker's home town ' famed for its curry houses' topped a survey which also ranked it as one of one of the country's most fertile cities.

Bristol's lads were Britain's second healthiest, with the menfolk of Derby third.

Liverpool was bottom of the wellbeing top 20, with long hospital waiting lists and high rates of cancer, heart disease and stroke deaths.

Glasgow ranked No19 was found to have the worst life expectancy for men at just 68.

Men's Health magazine surveyed Britain's 20 biggest cities in a hunt for our healthiest males.

The poll looked at 18 different criteria, such as fertility, life expectancy, air quality, hospital waiting lists, doctor to patient ratio and leisure facilities.

Fertile Leicester made the top three for the number of tots born per 1,000 residents, behind baby-boom Bradford at No1 and Birmingham.

The mag also found Manchester had the highest ratio of McDonald's per 100,000 men with 12 burger bars.
Coventry had the most pollution and Leeds was the worst for car deaths.

Health top 20: 1. Leicester; 2. Bristol; 3. Derby; 4. Leeds; 5. London; 6. Coventry; 7. Edinburgh; 8. Cardiff; 9. Nottingham; 10. Plymouth; 11. Bradford; 12. Birmingham; 13. Belfast; 14. Sheffield; 15. Wolverhampton; 16. Hull; 17. Manchester; 18. Stoke-on-Trent; 19. Glasgow; 20. Liverpool.
Old Mar 8th 2003, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

pom2oz is an unknown quantity at this point

pb changes that all

Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:38 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One For Pb.

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
PB
I was just wondering do you have a job because in 7 months you have posted an average of 8 threads per day.
You must come home from work and sit on your computer all evening.
If you got out and did a bit more maybe you would find Australia a little more intersting.
When do you find time to think all these negative thoughts.
My advice to you is get out and get some sun on your back because when you get to England your posts will more than double as there is not much else to do in England.
That is if no one steals your computer.
If all else fails when you go back you can always find a page with ozzie ex- pats to moan with.

This is my first ever critical thread on this site. I do belive that both sides should be heard but all you are is negative, so people are no longer taking you serious they are just laughing.
To be honest life is what you make it and i belive you make your own luck.

Debbie Jo
I only post from work if you look at times never at home , the fact that you missed that means that you hardley have a grip on anything else .
Thanks for the advice but we bought a town house because we are rarely at home and needed a house that takes up little of our time , having had homes that took all weekend to clean.
As for having a laugh I cannot believe how naive most are on this forum including yourself?

Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:47 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by levelheaded
Well said Debbie Jo, but i'm afraid he will pull your comments to pieces, and will give you all the excuses under the sun/clouds.

He actually works in IT so now you know how he gets the time instead of doing a days work.

No doubt it will be pointed out to me that the Health Service is much worse over there, but then it will be easy for him to say that. Unfortunately I cannot go into that conversation due to privacy policies.
I do not work in IT but engineering but my wife is a nurse , Friday the company I turn up for yet again down sized and even though I made a point of putting my hand up yet again the sods would not get rid of me , so I am not over joyed today .
Its been 40c for 3 days love to get out in it but try standing in front of a gas fire with your coat on thats whats its like here right now thank god for air-con and the OB.
The health service is not much differant from the UK except user pays and if you require any farther courses you will big time .

ALMOST 400 cancer patients are waiting for radiation treatment at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and some will have to wait up to five months, the State Opposition has revealed.

The waiting list blow-out is because of a shortage of radiation machines at SCGH, which made headlines on Friday when 88-year-old war widow Phyllis Retallack told of how she had to wait for almost 20 hours on an emergency trolley before a bed became available.

The hospital also has a shortage of radiation therapists. While this is common in Australian hospitals, the situation in WA is made worse by the lack of training facilities; the nearest being in South Australia.

WA'S archaic medical laws will be overhauled after doctors guilty of fondling a patient's breasts, stealing drugs, bribery and falsifying records were allowed to continue practising medicine.

Health Minister Bob Kucera said the questionable practice of doctors being tried by their peers would be replaced when the Medical Act was revamped.

The Medical Board of WA 2001-02 annual report, tabled in Parliament last week, revealed 21 doctors were investigated last financial year. Most escaped with fines and reprimands despite facing serious allegations.

For example, Norman Joseph Van Dort was cleared to practise despite being guilty of improper conduct a year after being disciplined for storing drugs, prescription pads and syringes at a rat-infested home deemed unfit for human habitation.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 10th 2003 at 3:59 am.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:53 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Shikse
Leicester men are the 'healthiest in the Britain', according to today's papers! Mind you, one fat, lazy, boozing b@stard can easily bring the average down.

The mag also found Manchester had the highest ratio of McDonald's per 100,000 men with 12 burger bars.
Coventry had the most pollution and Leeds was the worst for car deaths.

Health top 20: 1. Leicester; 2. Bristol; 3. Derby; 4. Leeds; 5. London; 6. Coventry; 7. Edinburgh; 8. Cardiff; 9. Nottingham; 10. Plymouth; 11. Bradford; 12. Birmingham; 13. Belfast; 14. Sheffield; 15. Wolverhampton; 16. Hull; 17. Manchester; 18. Stoke-on-Trent; 19. Glasgow; 20. Liverpool.
I was born in Leicestershire not Leicester and lived in the Market Bosworth area for some time , having seen the fast food junkies here the UK is well down the list in fatties even I look thin but ugly.
The australian lifestyle is about boozing forget the balls about the beach and sport , the biggest sport here is sculling get off the planet fast and chuck up.

Old Mar 9th 2003, 11:05 pm
Banned

Originally posted by sully4441
Oh dear, now you've done it!"
At least make sure you are logged on about midnight, so we can watch this one develop live. I will be up anyway watching the Australian Grand Prix. Its on about 3am ish I think. Have fun.
LMS
I did watch this having heard the name Mark Weber at lest 300 hundred times mentioned , thank god for TV had it been the days of Radio I would have thought he was the only driver in it.
The fact a Brit won it and Pom teams had first 3 places was nearly over looked here , channel 10 will be asking if they can ban all but Australians and Australian cars like the so called V8 super cars racing here.
PS chatch the the lovely Melbourne weather?

Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:16 am
Banned

Originally posted by crabtree
You need to realise that there is a good reason for this. He is from a part of the UK that for obvious reasons is far better than most.

Twinned with Paradise.
2 Synagogues.
40 Churches.
14 Mosks.
5 sikh temples.
1 Jain Temple.
17 Hindu Temples.

Never lived in the city a county man myself Market bosworth area , but do you know leicestershire is one of the best kept countys in the UK even Charlie hunts there.

http://marketbosworth.20m.com/

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 10th 2003 at 6:24 am.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:42 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I only post from work if you look at times never at home , the fact that you missed that means that you hardley have a grip on anything else .
Thanks for the advice but we bought a town house because we are rarely at home and needed a house that takes up little of our time , having had homes that took all weekend to clean.
As for having a laugh I cannot believe how naive most are on this forum including yourself?

So you get paid for playing on the internet you must have really understanding employers no wonder they won't get rid of you.

Has for the heat i myself live in Oz (NSW) so i can relate to that (although i love the heat).

But seriously PB when i first logged on to this site i was living in England and found your posts a little unnerving, and i had visited Oz quite a few times before i made the decission to live here, so god knows what people thing that have never visited, because some of your posts are a little over the top.

Now i am here i can look back on your posts and have a laugh but i think new members to this site should be told that PB IS ONLY JOKING ON A LOT OF HIS POSTS

And as for being naive i came here with my eyes very wide open and iam loving every minute of every day.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:49 am
Banned

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
So you get paid for playing on the internet you must have really understanding employers no wonder they won't get rid of you.

Has for the heat i myself live in Oz (NSW) so i can relate to that (although i love the heat).

And as for being naive i came here with my eyes very wide open and iam loving every minute of every day.

My employers are the biggest bunch of no hopers put on the planet they employ Poms because they are good for sod all.
Glad you are enjoying it , I take it you still in holiday mode good luck to you.

Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:08 am

My employers are the biggest bunch of no hopers put on the planet they employ Poms because they are good for sod all.
Glad you are enjoying it , I take it you still in holiday mode good luck to you.

Not really in holiday mode now as both me and hubby work full time and son's in school so life is basically running as normal but as a pom who's been here 35 years told me "everyday is a holiday". Thanks for your good wishes.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by crabtree

Twinned with Paradise.
2 Synagogues.
40 Churches.
14 Mosks.
5 sikh temples.
1 Jain Temple.
17 Hindu Temples.

I too am from Leicester.

There are many good points to living in Leicester, also many negatives.

I have lived in London and Kent and travelled the UK and stayed in many cities.

For:

I love the "City" (football) and also follow the Tigers (Rugby). The pubs are good and nightlife has changed dramatically over the years.

Curry houses are excellent and varied.

Against:

Dirty litter strewn streets.

Leicester council will accept any refugee with open arms. (Even Bin Ladens ex mate)

Every night in town is fight night.

Unfriendly people.

Sporting facilities (apart from City and Tigers-Professional) are third-world.

Leicester is probably no different to anywhere else in the UK.

We are all suffering and are fed up with government policies ignoring English people for the sake of PC.

Last one out, turn off the lights- That'll be you PB or Bin Ladens mate!!!
Old Mar 10th 2003, 11:17 am
Just Joined

levelheaded is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not work in IT but engineering but my wife is a nurse , Friday the company I turn up for yet again down sized and even though I made a point of putting my hand up yet again the sods would not get rid of me , so I am not over joyed today .
Its been 40c for 3 days love to get out in it but try standing in front of a gas fire with your coat on thats whats its like here right now thank god for air-con and the OB.
The health service is not much differant from the UK except user pays and if you require any farther courses you will big time .

ALMOST 400 cancer patients are waiting for radiation treatment at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and some will have to wait up to five months, the State Opposition has revealed.

The waiting list blow-out is because of a shortage of radiation machines at SCGH, which made headlines on Friday when 88-year-old war widow Phyllis Retallack told of how she had to wait for almost 20 hours on an emergency trolley before a bed became available.

The hospital also has a shortage of radiation therapists. While this is common in Australian hospitals, the situation in WA is made worse by the lack of training facilities; the nearest being in South Australia.

WA'S archaic medical laws will be overhauled after doctors guilty of fondling a patient's breasts, stealing drugs, bribery and falsifying records were allowed to continue practising medicine.

Health Minister Bob Kucera said the questionable practice of doctors being tried by their peers would be replaced when the Medical Act was revamped.

The Medical Board of WA 2001-02 annual report, tabled in Parliament last week, revealed 21 doctors were investigated last financial year. Most escaped with fines and reprimands despite facing serious allegations.

For example, Norman Joseph Van Dort was cleared to practise despite being guilty of improper conduct a year after being disciplined for storing drugs, prescription pads and syringes at a rat-infested home deemed unfit for human habitation.

I really can't be bothered with rifling through for statistics etc.

Dr Harold Shipman - Say no more!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.