Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Night Out in Perth - where to go?

One Night Out in Perth - where to go?

Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:34 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all
Default One Night Out in Perth - where to go?

Our demanding family environment means that we don't normally have the opportunity to have a night out without the kiddywinks. Great company as they are, we occasionally like a small taste of sanity. After virtually a year in Perth our chance has come, the in-laws are in town, and have volunteered to babysit next weekend. Where should we go for three to four hours (including travel from Kinross), and when, for a not too expensive drink and bite to eat? I can honestly say that we haven't had a sit down meal outside the house together (apart from barbies) since we arrived.
I'd like a bit of atmosphere rather than just a suburban pub (or Hillarys!).
All reasonable recommendations considered. All recommendations saying that there's nowhere worthwhile in Perth ignored.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Night Out in Perth - where to go?

Originally Posted by bal56
Our demanding family environment means that we don't normally have the opportunity to have a night out without the kiddywinks. Great company as they are, we occasionally like a small taste of sanity. After virtually a year in Perth our chance has come, the in-laws are in town, and have volunteered to babysit next weekend. Where should we go for three to four hours (including travel from Kinross), and when, for a not too expensive drink and bite to eat? I can honestly say that we haven't had a sit down meal outside the house together (apart from barbies) since we arrived.
All reasonable recommendations considered. All recommendations saying that there's nowhere worthwhile in Perth ignored.
Do I take it that the 3/4 hour limit rules out going into the city, Brian? If not, then Northbridge must be my recommendation.

Is it daytime or evening. In the day there are lots of good places in the Swan Valley - most of the wineries are nice and we liked the Feral brewery.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:49 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
Do I take it that the 3/4 hour limit rules out going into the city, Brian? If not, then Northbridge must be my recommendation.

Is it daytime or evening. In the day there are lots of good places in the Swan Valley - most of the wineries are nice and we liked the Feral brewery.
Nah we could make the city Ian. It's probably evening, but maybe negotiable.
Where in Northbridge do you recommend?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

The Universal Bar Northbridge
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:00 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have only drank there not eaten but the Brass Monkey is good for a . There are loads of restaurants- maybe narrow it down to a type of food you fancy?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:44 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Villa Itallia in north bridge is a very good Italian and has been for years.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:25 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Villa Itallia in north bridge is a very good Italian and has been for years.
I'd recommend here :- http://www.crestaurant.com.au/

We went for breakfast last year for our little boy's first birthday and it was a great experience.

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do - we all take for granted nights out without the kids in the UK with a network of friends and family around us. Enjoy!

Jules
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:12 am
Alive and boinging!

Originally Posted by julesandco
I'd recommend here :- http://www.crestaurant.com.au/

We went for breakfast last year for our little boy's first birthday and it was a great experience.

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do - we all take for granted nights out without the kids in the UK with a network of friends and family around us. Enjoy!

Jules
Thanks for the advice guys. We didn't manage many nights out in the UK either - my wife and I always seemed to fall out a couple of hours before we went out, she'd fall out with her folks (the babysitters) or we were too skint to go out. Let's hope we've all turned over a new leaf now we're on the other side of the planet!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice guys. We didn't manage many nights out in the UK either - my wife and I always seemed to fall out a couple of hours before we went out, she'd fall out with her folks (the babysitters) or we were too skint to go out. Let's hope we've all turned over a new leaf now we're on the other side of the planet!

I enjoyed a really cheap meal in a Hari Krishna restaurant in Northbridge in case anyone is interested. Wouldnt recommend it for a romantic night out, but I think you got a 3 course meal for about $6 bucks!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Star Anise in Shenton Park is supposed to be excellent
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:58 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Little Creatures in Fremantle.

http://www.littlecreatures.com.au

Nice drive down the Sunset Coast from Kinross to Freo.
Good beer, good food, good atmosphere...
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:47 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Leederville.... Giardinis, great atmosphere, pretty good on the wallet and the servings will fill you up for sure.

Cafe Villa is also good, bit more artsy fartsy and the decor is absolutly fantastic. (not that I renovated it....... ok I did.)
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:56 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe head for the Queens Hotel in Beaufort st, Mt Lawley followed by dinner at Siennas (also in Mt Lawley). You can always drop by Northbridge for coffee and a browse after (It's pretty crowded on Fri and Sat nights).

Check out: www.siennas.com.au
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Little Creatures in Fremantle.

http://www.littlecreatures.com.au

Nice drive down the Sunset Coast from Kinross to Freo.
Good beer, good food, good atmosphere...
I'm with Scossie on this one - I love Little Creatures. The staff are always really friendly and the food and drink is good.

Have a great time, wherever you go!

Rach
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Leederville.... Giardinis, great atmosphere, pretty good on the wallet and the servings will fill you up for sure.

Cafe Villa is also good, bit more artsy fartsy and the decor is absolutly fantastic. (not that I renovated it....... ok I did.)
Yeah, Cafe Villa is good and won't break the bank, you can sign online for a discount VIP card. Not far from the train either so you can both drink.
Not sure about the decor though lol Nah, it's alright!

Otherwise I'd say RUN Brian and Marie!!! Head off down the Marg River for a few days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.