British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   OMG Kangaroos!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/omg-kangaroos-396396/)

BadgeIsBack Sep 14th 2006 1:25 am

OMG Kangaroos!!

Always fancied doing one of those 'OMG' posts!!!

Out with the chainsaw down the back the other night, when a kangaroo bounded down the fenceline (on my neighbour's side), a metre or two away racing for the far corner. Evidently caused quite an alarm as I heard my neighobour's son calling out to his mum.

First on my doorstep in 4 odd years. So I do now have a story of sorts to tell the rellies/visitors about seeing kangaroos in the back yard etc etc how lovely etc after all.

Badge

Nomore Sep 14th 2006 1:29 am

Re: OMG Kangaroos!!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Out with the chainsaw down the back the other night, when a kangaroo bounded down the fenceline (on my neighbour's side), a metre or two away racing for the far corner. Evidently caused quite an alarm as I heard my neighobour's son calling out to his mum.

First on my doorstep in 4 odd years. So I do now have a story of sorts to tell the rellies/visitors about seeing kangaroos in the back yard etc etc how lovely etc after all.

Badge

the only kangaroos i see are dead on the side of the road...what a smell :(

moneypenny20 Sep 14th 2006 1:47 am

Badge

That's fab. I love seeing them in the garden. Oi what's with the name change - trying to confuse us or somat :confused:

Amazulu Sep 14th 2006 2:04 am

Badge

We get a large male, Munchie we call him, in our yard most nights. It's still a novelty for us & we always go outside & have a look if we spot him. He does crap on our lawn though & then our puppy sometimes eats it, which is not so cool.

BadgeIsBack Sep 14th 2006 3:12 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's fab. I love seeing them in the garden. Oi what's with the name change - trying to confuse us or somat :confused:

I came back as Thatsnotquiteright in response to a run of usual "I can't cope" so "Noone else can cope either", "I'm not equipped to deal with this", so "nor can you", type of post.

No, seriously, I wanted to show you can have a successful life over here on your own agenda (interestingly zulu says the same) without having to compromise, I also wanted to bring a new refreshing angle to the debate which is often polarised.

People got confused with it so I'm back as Badge.

moneypenny20 Sep 14th 2006 5:22 am

I came back as Thatsnotquiteright in response to a run of usual "I can't cope" so "Noone else can cope either", "I'm not equipped to deal with this", so "nor can you", type of post.

No, seriously, I wanted to show you can have a successful life over here on your own agenda (interestingly zulu says the same) without having to compromise, I also wanted to bring a new refreshing angle to the debate which is often polarised.

People got confused with it so I'm back as Badge.

Thatsnotquiteright always made me smile :o The only time I got confused was when you signed it Steve instead of Badge :D

welshpom Sep 14th 2006 9:16 am

I see some every few weeks. Saw these the other day when I had the camera...

http://www.hartill.net/Eyre/Pages/IMG_0035.html