Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG its actually here!

OMG its actually here!

Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice
Default OMG its actually here!

That's it the time has nearly arrived we fly out on Thursday from Glasgow airport to Perth WA There is me, OH, daughter (12) and son (9).

We have had our leaving party which was emotional done our rounds and got some more goodbyes to do. The dog fly's out on Wednesday as it was supposed to be Tuesday but his flight was cancelled!

Now all we have to do is fit all our stuff into 4 cases which is appearing to be very difficult and we may have to make some cut backs??

Oooooo cant wait
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Andrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really nice
Default Re: OMG its actually here!

I can imagine that you'll be going through a rollercoaster of emotions, hang in there it will all be worth it.

Hope the flight goes well.

Andy
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you've got your swimming stuff on top, it's very hot here at the moment. Hope you're staying near a swimming pool - if not, you'll soon find your way to one, or the beach. Have a great flight over.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Those last few days (well weeks actually) are a real roller coaster of emotions.

Good luck with fitting everything in to your suitcases, I can remember juggling stuff about up until the last minute. We even packed up a box with a spare xbox in intending to leave it with father-in-law as we thought we were over our limit (4 suitcases, 1 huge holdall plus the box) but they let us bring it. So it may be worth packing any excess stuff that you're happy to leave behind in a separate bag & if you can take it brilliant if not leave it with however takes you to the airport.

Hope you have good flights (your dog as well) & see you over here soon. The weather is gorgeous at the moment

Alison x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:41 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, safe flight and happy landings.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Good Luck to you and your family! Emotional times but very very exciting! Hope the move works out to be all that you've dreamed of. Keep us updated!
All the best
Mairi
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LoopyL
That's it the time has nearly arrived we fly out on Thursday from Glasgow airport to Perth WA There is me, OH, daughter (12) and son (9).

We have had our leaving party which was emotional done our rounds and got some more goodbyes to do. The dog fly's out on Wednesday as it was supposed to be Tuesday but his flight was cancelled!

Now all we have to do is fit all our stuff into 4 cases which is appearing to be very difficult and we may have to make some cut backs??

Oooooo cant wait
Have a great time, I'm jealous.

I'm assuming your flying Emirates with they're generous 30kg. A word of warning don't overfill the cases as they charge a fortune in excess baggage.

My daughter and family flew out last July and they were 18kg over in total between 3 of them and the airline wanted £400 extra. They eventually negotiated £250.

Unfortunately they had already been to Perth the year before so they couldn't use the I'm emigrating scenario.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooo cant wait
Woo hoo. Have a rave.

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Make sure you've got your swimming stuff on top, it's very hot here at the moment. Hope you're staying near a swimming pool - if not, you'll soon find your way to one, or the beach. Have a great flight over.

That's gonna be a major shock - Scotland to Perth in January.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Woo hoo. Have a rave.

That's gonna be a major shock - Scotland to Perth in January.
Just as bad as Perth to Scotland in January. My tan is fading quickly.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Just as bad as Perth to Scotland in January. My tan is fading quickly.
Indeed!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Thanks everyone for all the amazing messages!! Had to say goodbye to best friends, gran and best friends kids today feel sick but I am so excited to get over!

And Alfresco its been a long time coming how is life treating you in Queensland? And your so true about the Scotland to Perth I think I will die We are staying on the beachfront until we get something more secure so i'll just cool off in the sea xx

And fingers crossed with the luggage still not there yet haha..
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:20 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Oooooo cant wait
Fantastic news - so pleased for you all!! Have a wonderful journey across x
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

stenik will become famous soon enough

Omg, how excited are you right now! I am so happy for you all and hope to maybe meet when I finally arrive which I am sure will be soon! Hope the kids love it, will just be a weather shock!
Hubby came home 19th dec and said when he got of the plane after being in Perth for 2 weeks, he felt like he had been hit in the face with a frying pan when the cold hit him!
Good, good luck guys, keep us posted!

Nikki x