Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG!!!! Big Mistake!!

OMG!!!! Big Mistake!!

Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default Re: OMG!!!! Big Mistake!!

[QUOTE=Rooksie]I have just been reading some of the threads in the Moving Back to UK Forum Bad idea!

Have just done the same,but has made me feel better! Couldn't find any specific problems,other than being homesick. Not a lot we can do to prepare for that one & won't know til we get there! There's no way I'm not going to not even try, just cos someone else missed their mum!
Just done mdeicals & hopt to sell house & be in Brissy for jan 06.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:12 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=woogle]
Originally Posted by Rooksie
I have just been reading some of the threads in the Moving Back to UK Forum Bad idea!

Have just done the same,but has made me feel better! Couldn't find any specific problems,other than being homesick. Not a lot we can do to prepare for that one & won't know til we get there! There's no way I'm not going to not even try, just cos someone else missed their mum!
Just done mdeicals & hopt to sell house & be in Brissy for jan 06.
What's your story Woogle, where are you moving from?

MM
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:21 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Migration isnt for everyone, its like everything else in life, offer up a subject and you will get differing views from each person you speak to. Unfortunately many people come out here with the wrong attitude, and worry about the things in life that arent particularly important. You have to remember many people dont have enough brain cells to think for themselves or to make their own decisions, and are very easily lead by other people, consequently the slightest of excuses will have them packing and heading back to the drudgery that they left behind..................for instance.......

"Ooooooh, its rubbish, they dont have that lovely cheese I used to get in Tescos"

"Well you do realise they dont have a Next store there you know"

"They dont get Eastenders there, whatever will we do at night"

"Our son is missing Ant and Dec"

"The education system is ten years behind that of the UK"

"Theres no pubs there, how will we survive"

"All the aussies dont wear shoes, so we have decided to stay in the UK"

"Sue is missing her Mum, so we are going back" (All the rest of the family are loving it, and Sue didnt see her mum much in the UK anyway........)

"There are sharks in every swimming pool, and my son saw a crocodile in the bath"

"We are leaving the UK because the weather is miserable.........we are moving back, because the weather in Australia is too good"

etc. etc.

Best thing to do is come out here, live the life and see if it suits, you and your family. It suits us down to the ground, we love it, and wouldnt move back, even for a large sum of cash. If you come over here with an open mind, and throw yourself into life, you will enjoy it and have a great time. If you spend your days walking round Whilfords looking for Red Leicester and Bovril, and your nights channel surfing for Eastenders and Corrie, then you possibly wont!
Saying its the thickies who can't think for themselves return is one perspective. However, another is that very many intelligent and career minded people find its not for them as the career/financial/cultural rewards in Australia do not quite do it for them.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Some people used to call that forum 'the dark side'.....

D D

my husband has just been jumping from one foot to the other chanting "i wanna see the dark side, i wanna see the dark side". spanner
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The A Team
I've been telling her this for days.........but will she listen???!!!

Why Rooksie, why did you go in there?

I despair!!!

sorry mate - you have permission to kick me
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:47 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

my husband has just been jumping from one foot to the other chanting "i wanna see the dark side, i wanna see the dark side". spanner

Mine too , although most things go over his head!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:51 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! For some reason I keep thinking of 'Poltergeist' where the little lady chants 'Come into the light, children, into the light, the light is good' and then Carol-Anns mother shouts ' No, no, the light is bad. Keep away from the light'.

It's obviously time for a drink.

Nicky
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:53 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
LOL! For some reason I keep thinking of 'Poltergeist' where the little lady chants 'Come into the light, children, into the light, the light is good' and then Carol-Anns mother shouts ' No, no, the light is bad. Keep away from the light'.

Nicky

:scared: :scared:

think i will join you

Kris xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Spread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really niceSpread40 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Mine too , although most things go over his head!!

What a load of dickheads why on earth would anyone want to come back to this shi*t hole!!
Thats what I thought after reading the darkside stories anyway!!

Rob
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:32 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there should be a forum

'Never moving back to UK!'
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spread40
What a load of dickheads why on earth would anyone want to come back to this shi*t hole!!
Thats what I thought after reading the darkside stories anyway!!

Rob

tell it the way it is rob!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

Nicky

okilidokileeeee
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You really have to be in an excellent frame of mind to go there sometimes. You might think you are feeling positive but then get there and a huge black cloud appears over your head.

It is very good to get both the good and bad, but (and no offence to the moving back crowd at all) if one doesn't have a good move and heads back, everyone comes out and agrees with how much better the uk is. Which is just as it should be for that forum.

I don't go there very often And definitely staying away until after we have moved - too close now to get more heebie jeebies than I can give myself

reminds me of Father Ted when they are in the aeroplane and Ted tells Douglas not to press the red button .......
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

Hmmm, just been on there and I see what you mean. It's sad to think that, for some of us, after all the planning and waiting and hoping that goes into emigrating, and then to finally get to Oz and have it not work out - doesn't bear thinking about. In fact, I'm not even going to go there - I KNOW it will work out for Dave and I, and I think you're be fine too, Rooks - my personal view is that it's partly down to gritting your teeth and having the determination to make it work.

Nicky
im with you all the way there mate ........ummmm maybe!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:53 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Tell him he's not 'ard enuff!!! LOL

D D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.