Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG 3 dogs and 2 cats!!

OMG 3 dogs and 2 cats!!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

vanessadave is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face OMG 3 dogs and 2 cats!!

Reading some of these posts is starting to worry me!!

What are the chances of us finding somewhere to live (first to rent, then to buy) in the Gold Coast with 3 dogs (small, medium and large) and 2 cats?? The other half is a vet if you think that may help.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG 3 dogs and 2 cats!!

Originally Posted by vanessadave

What are the chances of us finding somewhere to live (first to rent, then to buy) in the Gold Coast with 3 dogs (small, medium and large) and 2 cats?? The other half is a vet if you think that may help.
I don't know how it works up there but where we live at the moment in Melb, our council limits us to 2 animals either 2 dogs or 2 cats or a micture of both. Where we are moving to we are able to keep 4 dogs and 4 cats because it is a 5 acre block so you may find you will have to live out in the sticks in order to be able to keep all those animals. If you have any idea on whereabouts you want to live, I would suggest going to that local council website and seeing what the rules are in regards to pets. Good luck!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:10 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Have you checked out how much its going to cost to ship them yet, we are taking 1 dog & 2 cats to Brisbane, Shipping alone is £4k plus quarentine £1k, innoculations & micro chipping (thou your OH could do that himself ).

Good luck, Neil
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

KatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to try this site: http://www.petfriendlyrentals.com.au/index.htm

Haven't tried it myself, but got it from this site and keep it "just in case"
(we've got 2 cats)

Good luck with your move

Katie
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:04 am
Just Joined

vanessadave is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

We've had a quote from Pet Air for about £5k plus £1.5k quarantine and the rest we can luckily get for free from vet friends (the regulations state you are not allowed to treat your own pets!!). My OH bought 2 of the dogs and the cats from Canada without the use of an agent and no quarantine for about £4k so we thought it would be a bit more, so are happy to pay that, in fact we would probably pay twice that. Mind you we did some serious haggling.

Does anybody know anybody with this many pets in the Gold Coast region? I don't really want to have to live in the bush with the native australians!

Imagine what would happen in the UK if Tony Blair decided to impose a limit on the number of pets, and then charged everyone what is basically a tax for owning them!!