Omfg

Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:36 am
Our new home

seanjenkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Omfg

Hi all been a long time since i have been on the site we are now in Perth and having a good time,but what the hell is going on with this site it seems you cant put a post on here with out some small minded person being sarcastic,so what if Australia is not some-one's cup of tea so what if they don't like the aussie TV or the shops or what ever the hell it is they don't like,it seems to me they have the right to post it with out being in fear of any sarcastic replies,and sure you all have the right to post your replies to any post but if your post is more likely to upset or hurt some-one surely it is better not to put a post up at all,at the end of the day we are not all in the same situation and things are not always greener on the other side,we have been here since April my wife has applied for 35 jobs had 2 interviews in that time but we are still fighting on with the hope of not having to go home,but it does not always work,so from now on how about you read the post and before you reply think how you would feel if it was you in there position,after all we are all here to help and give moral support to each other think how you would cope if this website did not exist.P.S it will be good to see how many sarcastic replies i get to this but to be honest i don't care just wanted to air my views on this. as this was well is a good site most of the time except for some small minded people never mind
Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:40 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Omfg

Originally Posted by seanjenkinson
Hi all been a long time since i have been on the site we are now in Perth and having a good time,but what the hell is going on with this site it seems you cant put a post on here with out some small minded person being sarcastic,so what if Australia is not some-one's cup of tea so what if they don't like the aussie TV or the shops or what ever the hell it is they don't like,it seems to me they have the right to post it with out being in fear of any sarcastic replies,and sure you all have the right to post your replies to any post but if your post is more likely to upset or hurt some-one surely it is better not to put a post up at all,at the end of the day we are not all in the same situation and things are not always greener on the other side,we have been here since April my wife has applied for 35 jobs had 2 interviews in that time but we are still fighting on with the hope of not having to go home,but it does not always work,so from now on how about you read the post and before you reply think how you would feel if it was you in there position,after all we are all here to help and give moral support to each other think how you would cope if this website did not exist.P.S it will be good to see how many sarcastic replies i get to this but to be honest i don't care just wanted to air my views on this. as this was well is a good site most of the time except for some small minded people never mind
Sad isn't it Sean
Always think twice before answering anything now that isn't a straight forward congrats or to give some support to someone really having probs
Carole
Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sean

I'm sure you'll find some work for your wife eventually. What line of of work is your wife in? Is it possible for her to apply for something outside of her field of expertise?

Regards
T.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:47 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

And how is your post any different? Why is someone 'small-minded' because they disagree with you. Is nobody allowed to have a different view-point from your own?

Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

There are some sad narrow minded people on this site, but there are also some great people who can offer good advise and pick you up when your down.

Take it all with a pinch of salt and ignore some of the trolls who thrive on upsetting people. These people probably wouldn’t dare say these kind of things to people face to face.

Good luck with everything and enjoy your real offline life!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:56 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
So apart from your wife having difficulty finding work how is your New life!Are you glad you done it?
We are just starting the main visa application and are hoping to be in Perth next year if all goes well!

Be nice to know how you are finding it!!Both good and bad experiences!
Feel free to pm me if you dont want to publicise your thoughts!

Cheers
Kris xx
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:03 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

When I first found this site I thought it was great, really helpful people giving lots of great advice, answering questions, giving us there opinions and their experiences.

In recent months it has gone downhill with people just being nasty for the sake of it, telling people not to bother trying to emigrate cos it is crap and you will hate it anyway.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions, isn't that what free speech is all about. It is what makes us all different and the world an interesting and diverse place to live in.

BUT, surely there is no need for people to be downright vicious when answering posts, or posting their own views and then ripping people to shreds when they disagree.

Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean it will happen to me, and vice versa.

Some people need to be a little more tolerant of others and accept that different folks have different needs and expectations from life. Life is what you make it and just because you are not enjoying your life doesn't mean I should hate mine too.

Shirley
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
When I first found this site I thought it was great, really helpful people giving lots of great advice, answering questions, giving us there opinions and their experiences.
All the better high-post-count Ozzie BE members have found a new home... but some may yet return.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
All the better high-post-count Ozzie BE members have found a new home... but some may yet return.

It certainly is less hostile on the other side...maybe BE is just going through a bad patch? It's just a forum after all people shouldn't set too involved and take everything with a pinch of salt. There's plenty of great people still on this site.
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Have been wondering where they have all gone, but it is a secret to stop the trolls interfering?
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing, This entire concept of somehow your better than others because you have a high post count or high karma. I cringe each time I post knowing it will increase my publicly viewable post count. I for one don't want my worth judged by my post count. I've joined the other site just to see whats going on, it doesn't make me better than others because of it.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:35 am
Our new home

seanjenkinson is an unknown quantity at this point

And how is your post any different? Why is someone 'small-minded' because they disagree with you. Is nobody allowed to have a different view-point from your own?

Funny that i was going to put up a list of people that i thought would put up a post like this and your name was one of them,and i don't care if you don't believe me,but it was one of your replays to a recent post that made me do this P.S this comment inparticular.

Come come - the reason we were sarcastic was the "something about Australia finaly impressed me today" bit. I mean seriously, if the one and only thing that has 'impressed' you about Australia is your progeny's birth certificate - then get the **** out of dodge and don't look back.
__________________ Was there really any need to put it like that,these people feel bad enough as it is why speak to them like that come on.

Last edited by seanjenkinson; Sep 9th 2005 at 10:44 am.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:38 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Amazing, This entire concept of somehow your better than others because you have a high post count or high karma. I cringe each time I post knowing it will increase my publicly viewable post count. I for one don't want my worth judged by my post count. I've joined the other site just to see whats going on, it doesn't make me better than others because of it.
What other site is it? Just curious pm me if its a secret not been on much myself lately,but noticed a drastic change in the site & not for the better

Donna.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hmmm - crossed wires dude, keep your hair on. Wasn't suggesting that having a high post count somehow made you 'better' - exactly the opposite in some cases. It just happened, that most of the people that have moved on happened to have high post counts and were interesting-posters. Maybe I should make better use of hypens and commas. And I suggest you take a couple of chill pills. God only knows there's some tense people on this site. It's only a bloody web forum.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:43 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I never thought I would see the day when I agree with something you say Arkon, but I was wrong I am with you all the way on this one, why are they better posters because they have more posts????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.