Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Okay, favourite builders in Perth...opening the can of worms...

Wikiposts

Okay, favourite builders in Perth...opening the can of worms...

Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:13 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice
Default Re: Okay, favourite builders in Perth...opening the can of worms...

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Thats good to hear, we are really swaying towards Homebuyers now just waiting for some revised plans and costings for the changes we want and then I think we are going to go with them providing the changes don't cost too much.
We were told we could make 2 changes to the plans at no extra cost. We only made the one. We did away with a corridor as we considered it to be a waste of space, and had our son's bedroom made bigger (I suppose that could be 2 changes). Basically, we just had the wall moved. I think that maybe others who had the same house built, probably did that too as the plans were changed on the website to be the same as ours. We found that the overall build quality was far better than the new build we had in England and we're really happy with it.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

surfy is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately all that glitters is not gold with Dale alcock. The main problems are the poor workmanship, lack of communication, incompetent staff and poor customer service. We know, because we have had the mispleasure to build with them. Personally, I have had a good look at Homebuyers and they represnt good value for money ( You will end up paying twice as much with alcock). I have spoken to several people who have built with them and they couldn't fault them. On the other hand I have spoken to several other people on our estate who built with alcock and their comments were less than complimentary. Make your own mind up but DO NOT RUSH INTO SIGNING UP.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We are signing up with Ultimate Homes tomorrow, they have been really helpful and have made loads of changes to the plan to suit our needs.

They arent the cheapest but their standard specs are good and they have had some great reviews so fingers crossed.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

surfy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the build. I don't know too much Ultimate about them but they really can't be any worse than the Dale Alcock rubbish palmed on to us.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
We are signing up with Ultimate Homes tomorrow, they have been really helpful and have made loads of changes to the plan to suit our needs.

They arent the cheapest but their standard specs are good and they have had some great reviews so fingers crossed.
All the best Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

We've now got the tiler in our house. And the handover meeting is scheduled for end of March/beginning of April.