British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ok-lets-do-then-north-west-meet-30th-july-313155/)

alkristensen Jul 30th 2005 10:58 pm

Re: OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Al

We chose bayside as we have friends that are living there. Also there are really good schools there at Cleveland and Wellington Point. It is a really nice area to be living in. We didn't want t live in Brissie itself but need to be able to catch a train there as Rich has got a job at Greenslopes Private hospital so Cleveland have a train station also.

But then again we have never been to Aus before so anything could happen when we get there. Bt of course we will meet up with you when you get there. Just let us know where and when.

Good Luck
Ang

Thanks, and Definately!
Clare has jst had a new solicitor for her house sale................from cleveland!!!

She aid its beautiful, and the plus point as you say is close enough to CBD, and far enough not to be!!

We are going to train down to god coast then rent a car and check out all th areas on the train map all the way to sunshine coast for 3 weeks in nov, and pick a place that "feels right"

We may change our plan as we were going to live in new farm for a year to get the money together more, but clare has just been diagnosed with M.E. so our plans may change dramatically and we may buy outright when we get here to cut our outgoings and semi retire early!

Im still going to open a barbers shop, so will have to see which of the places we decide on need one in the town(or a better one anyway).

Hope to keep in contact and will update on our reccy during validation when we get back to uk.

al and clare.xxx

cantwait Jul 30th 2005 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Thanks, and Definately!
Clare has jst had a new solicitor for her house sale................from cleveland!!!

She aid its beautiful, and the plus point as you say is close enough to CBD, and far enough not to be!!

We are going to train down to god coast then rent a car and check out all th areas on the train map all the way to sunshine coast for 3 weeks in nov, and pick a place that "feels right"

We may change our plan as we were going to live in new farm for a year to get the money together more, but clare has just been diagnosed with M.E. so our plans may change dramatically and we may buy outright when we get here to cut our outgoings and semi retire early!

Im still going to open a barbers shop, so will have to see which of the places we decide on need one in the town(or a better one anyway).

Hope to keep in contact and will update on our reccy during validation when we get back to uk.

al and clare.xxx

Another great meet, and along with Dave and Sammy we got chucked out at 9.30 cause of the kids (no kids allowed afer 9.30).

Someone left a black umbrella at the meet so let me know who it belongs to and i will bring it next time.

Paula&Peter.

vikk Jul 31st 2005 2:01 am

Originally Posted by cantwait
Another great meet, and along with Dave and Sammy we got chucked out at 9.30 cause of the kids (no kids allowed afer 9.30).

Someone left a black umbrella at the meet so let me know who it belongs to and i will bring it next time.

Paula&Peter.

Not if you sell you house you won't Paula, you'll be living it up in sunny Brisbane!

Claire so sorry to hear you sad news, Fingers crossed that it all works out for you from here on in.

Loidy keep in touch, I'll hunt out that info for you & send it on. Are you registered with QBTR yet?

Thanks for a fab meet everyone, I really enjoyed chatting to you. :beer:

cantwait Jul 31st 2005 4:01 am

Originally Posted by vikk
Not if you sell you house you won't Paula, you'll be living it up in sunny Brisbane!

Claire so sorry to hear you sad news, Fingers crossed that it all works out for you from here on in.

Loidy keep in touch, I'll hunt out that info for you & send it on. Are you registered with QBTR yet?

Thanks for a fab meet everyone, I really enjoyed chatting to you. :beer:

Hi Vikk,

Nice to see you again and lovely to see a great big smile on your face cause your visa come, well done girl and you even done it all on your own, you should be so proud of yourself.

Dont forget to PM so we can meet up at C. oakes.
paula.

loidy Jul 31st 2005 5:00 am

nice to meet everyone yesterday, had a really good time talking to people who don't roll their eyes when australia is mentioned! hope to see you all again sometime x loidy

loidy Jul 31st 2005 5:34 am

i think i might have sussed out the ticker!!! :D

alkristensen Jul 31st 2005 6:46 am

Originally Posted by loidy
i think i might have sussed out the ticker!!! :D

well done loidy, and sorry we couldnt get there and meet you, as we had to see my dad off.

My dad is now on th boat to spain for his new life!

Had to get in there first and steel my thunder!!! LOL

Be nice to do a meet around xmas to see how everyone is getting on, any takers.?

alk.

ELLJAY Jul 31st 2005 6:48 am

[QUOTE=Rich and Angie]Hi

Hi everyone!
Really enjoyed the meet yesterday. Gathered loads of inf. Great to put a face to the names. Makes it far more interesting!

A huge thanks to Ang & Rich for organizing it! Ang has asked me if I can take over the thread of organizing the next one - being a "newbie" we're gonna be around for a while yet. Soooooo - Date for next meet to put in your diaries -

SATURDAY 1st October ! 4pm Salt Cellar. :beer:

We have to continue these meets cos they are brill.

Off on our reccie trip in 2 weeks - so I will buy a koala or kangaroo! (not a real one!)

Also - I may change my user name to The Simpsons but I'll let you know.

again thanx 2 ang & rich :)

L-j

dh1905 Jul 31st 2005 6:58 am

HI,
We couldnt make yesterdays meet, but will certainly be at the next one-its on the calendar already!!

Donna x

p.s)I see someone has sussed out the ticker, will you help me??! I have been to the ticker site but cant get it from there to here! :confused:

alkristensen Jul 31st 2005 7:25 am

Originally Posted by dh1905
HI,
We couldnt make yesterdays meet, but will certainly be at the next one-its on the calendar already!!

Donna x

p.s)I see someone has sussed out the ticker, will you help me??! I have been to the ticker site but cant get it from there to here! :confused:

hi
you have to click on tickerfactory.com and create one, then cut and paste the url on to your signature. there are 3 boxes to copy from, so come the top one, shove it in your signature and preview it.

or if im wrong do a search on tickers, i learnt through these threads, but no longer have one as it goes down too slow.

Ill be at the next one too! :beer:
alk

Keith&Lol Jul 31st 2005 7:58 am

[QUOTE=ELLJAY]

Hi

Hi everyone!
Really enjoyed the meet yesterday. Gathered loads of inf. Great to put a face to the names. Makes it far more interesting!

A huge thanks to Ang & Rich for organizing it! Ang has asked me if I can take over the thread of organizing the next one - being a "newbie" we're gonna be around for a while yet. Soooooo - Date for next meet to put in your diaries -

Off on our reccie trip in 2 weeks - so I will buy a koala or kangaroo! (not a real one!)

L-j

Hi Elljay
We will be there on the 1st as we really enjoyed the last one. don't forget to take plenty of snaps on your reccie trip and bring them to the meet to cheer us all up. How did the carboot go? WE are doing one in a couple of weeks if the weather is o.k. Going to lie down now as i've done my back in de-cluttering the lads bedroom[groan] and i've still got Becca's room to do[big groan]......THe kids have gone to stay with their nanna in Ireland so
we've got 10 whole days to get stuck in, thats if my back holds out, hubby's not used to seeing me on my back.....

Bye for now..Lol

Rich and Angie Jul 31st 2005 8:06 am

[QUOTE=ELLJAY]

Hi

Hi everyone!

L-j

Excellent keep it up (so to speak)
May have to create a new thread though cos as this meet has already been done people may not check the thread.
But I am glad you enjoyed it, it was a massive meet lots of new faces which was great makes it all the more interesting.
As you know we won't be here in October but have a great meet and good luck to all on the road to their new lives.

Ang & Rich

ELLJAY Jul 31st 2005 8:12 am

[QUOTE=Rich and Angie]

Originally Posted by ELLJAY

Excellent keep it up (so to speak)
May have to create a new thread though cos as this meet has already been done people may not check the thread.
But I am glad you enjoyed it, it was a massive meet lots of new faces which was great makes it all the more interesting.
As you know we won't be here in October but have a great meet and good luck to all on the road to their new lives.

Ang & Rich

Hi Ang,

Yes, have started a new thread - entitled North West Meet - New date for your diary! :) (no-ones replied yet!!!)

We took your advice and arranged it for about 2 months time.

Hopefully you'll be settled into your new life and can keep us posted from the other side.

Best of luck an keep in touch, :)

L-j

Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

ELLJAY Jul 31st 2005 8:16 am

[QUOTE=Keith&Lol]

Hi Elljay
We will be there on the 1st as we really enjoyed the last one. don't forget to take plenty of snaps on your reccie trip and bring them to the meet to cheer us all up. How did the carboot go? WE are doing one in a couple of weeks if the weather is o.k. Going to lie down now as i've done my back in de-cluttering the lads bedroom[groan] and i've still got Becca's room to do[big groan]......THe kids have gone to stay with their nanna in Ireland so
we've got 10 whole days to get stuck in, thats if my back holds out, hubby's not used to seeing me on my back.....

Bye for now..Lol

Happy decluttering. took about 80 punds on carboot. but split 50/50 with mum. Then bought a few bits (Readers Digest video on Australia!)

So I'm happy enough cos it'll pay to have our mobiles "unlocked" ready 4 our reccie trip. will take lots of piccies.

Bye for noe L-j x :)

mish & al Aug 2nd 2005 3:16 am

Hi There Michelle n Allan.,

Where in Oldham are you from? We are in Middleton and also going to the meet (our first time) Do you have kids? we have 3 - 9,7,5 but only bringing 2.

See you tomorrow.

Linsey & Paul :)

Hi Linsay & Paul,

We live in Moorside, not sure if you know it... it's before Grains Bar & Denshaw??? Our house is on the market at the moment... but the market isn't as lively as we hoped it would be, so we're starting to panic a little!!

We couldn't make it on Sat afterall, our car broke down on the way over there... what are the chances?? :confused:
But we do plan on making it to the next one in Oct, if we're still here!! :rolleyes:

Nope we don't have any children, we're waiting to get over to Oz before we start with all the nappies.... and we wanted to keep the travel expenses down as much as we could!!! hee hee :D

I'm so glad we found this website, it's a big relief to know that there are others going through the same as us, we're not going insane afterall!!

Where are you guys off to?